www.co.hunterdon.nj.us | Hunterdon County Solid Waste and Recycling Services
HOME COUNTY PROGRAMS TRANSFER STATION CONTACT
Route 12 County Complex
Building #1, 2nd Floor
PO Box 2900
Flemington, NJ 08822-2900
BUSINESSES RESIDENTS MUNICIPALITIES RESOURCES
RESIDENTIAL CLEANUP PROGRAM
HUNTERDON COUNTY TRANSFER STATION RESIDENTIAL BULK WASTE DROP OFF
Regular Business Hours: Saturdays 10:30 am to 1:00 pm.
COST: $22.00 per car. $32.00 per SUV, van or truck. $10.00 extra for a trailer.
NO HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE - NO ELECTRONICS - NO HAZARDOUS WASTE
RESIDENTIAL RECYCLING may still be dropped off at the Recycling Area at the Transfer Station, between the hours of 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday. Residents are directed to observe social distancing when delivering recycling materials.
Residential Recycling Program (County)
Residential Cleanup Program (County)
Recycling Resource Providers (Private Haulers) (pdf)
HELD AT THE
Hunterdon County Transfer Station/Recycling Depot
10 Petticoat Lane
Annandale, New Jersey 08801
Phone: (908) 236-9088
The Hunterdon County Transfer Station is open to private individuals to dispose of bulky household trash ONLY ON SATURDAYS BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 10:30 AM AND 12:45 PM. A private individual can dispose of any basement, attic, garage or yard cleanup. The resident must use a privately licensed vehicle, licensed under 9,000 pounds gross weight. There are three criteria that must be met:
- The resident must have passenger or farm plates on their vehicle. Exempt vehicles (less than 9000 pounds gross vehicle weight(GVW); exempt at N.J.A.C. 7:26-3.3) NO COMMERCIAL OR APPORTIONED VEHICLES WILL BE ADMITTED.
- The resident is responsible for the off-load of his trash. THE TRANSFER STATION DOES NOT SUPPLY HELP WITH THE
OFF-LOAD OF YOUR WASTE.
- The resident must pay cash for the disposal, the transfer station DOES NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS OR CREDIT CARDS.
CURRENT RATE: Effective April 01, 2008:
- Automobiles - $22.00
- Trucks - $32.00
- Trailers - $10.00 - Charges for Trailers will be made at the discretion of the transfer station operator.
WASTE THAT WILL BE ACCEPTED:
- Basement Cleanup: - Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners NEED a FREON REMOVAL CERTIFICATION before disposal.
- Attic Cleanup
- Garage Cleanup
- Yard Cleanup: NO LEAVES OR GRASS CLIPPINGS
- Construction Debris: FOUR (4) FOOT SECTIONS OR LESS ONLY.
WASTE THAT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED:
HOME | HUNTERDON COUNTY SOLID WASTE AND RECYCLING SERVICES |Residential Recycling Programs and Information