SAFE IN HUNTERDON
Safe in Hunterdon empowers adult and child survivors of domestic and sexual abuse, while collaborating with our community to prevent violence and create positive social change.
- 24 Hour Hotline Assistance- crisis counseling, information, referral, assessment for safe house, and safety planning.
- Crisis Intervention- the Domestic Violence Response Team (DVRT) & Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) provide emotional support, information, and advocacy for victims at Hunterdon Medical Center, all Hunterdon County police departments, & State Police barracks.
- Safe Housing- survivors (and their children) fleeing from violence may enter. Staff is present 24 hours a day and offer supportive counseling, advocacy, and case management services.
- THRIVE- Transitional Housing- transitional home following safe housing into semi-permanent housing. Offers domestic & sexual violence survivors & their children supportive counseling, advocacy, & case management services.
- Counseling, Advocacy & Creative Arts Therapy- individual & group counseling for survivors 3 years old and up, of human trafficking, domestic & sexual violence. Services are offered at the main office as well as at confidential locations throughout Hunterdon County.
- Legal Advocacy- domestic & sexual violence survivors can obtain legal information and referral to legal services about their rights under NJ state law. A Court Advocate is available to accompany and support survivors at certain court hearings.
- SAFE’s Legal HAVEN- a network of attorneys that assist victims of domestic and sexual violence who are plaintiffs in final restraining order hearings.
- Primary Prevention- SAFE works collaboratively with Hunterdon County schools and the community to provide prevention and awareness initiatives aimed at reducing and preventing domestic and sexual violence.
- Prison Programming- provides individual and group counseling for female survivors of domestic and sexual violence who are incarcerated at Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women.
- Human Trafficking- partners and collaborates with human trafficking agencies across the state to provide services to victims, as well as outreach and community training.
- Economic Empowerment- workshops for individuals and groups are offered utilizing an empowerment curriculum. The curriculum assists clients with repairing/managing their financial circumstance.
PHONE: 1-908-788-4044 (24 hour hotline) or (908) 806-0019