HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder's Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2018
5:00 pm - Convene Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene Open Session
PUBLIC NOTICE | COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 5:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before March 15, 2018, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. FREEHOLDER REPORTS
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Ethan DeWitt Cooley, Boy Scout Troop 199, on attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Paul Kenneth Spada, Boy Scout Troop 199, on attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring April 27, 2018 as the 146th Anniversary of Arbor Day.
- PROCLAMATION - Designating April 2018 as Parkinson’s Awareness Month in Hunterdon County.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VII. PARKS AND RECREATION, Daniel Bush, Director
- Update on Parks and Recreation.
VIII. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, Marc Saluk
- Update on Economic Development.
IX. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT, Kevin Davis
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated March 20, 2018.
- Motion to approve the regular and executive session minutes of March 6, 2018.
- RESOLUTION - Concurring with the Board of Elections establishing titles and salaries for its members.
- RESOLUTION - Kevin Barile appointed full-time Road Repairer 1, in the Division of Roads, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Robert Serrao appointed provisional, full-time Supervising Engineer, Division of Engineering, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Plans and Specifications for the Reconstruction of Hunterdon County Culvert C-67, on High Bridge-Cokesbury Road, County Route 639, over
Beaver Brook, in Clinton Township.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the solicitation of bids to Furnish and Deliver Transit Concrete.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement for Preliminary Engineering Services with the Norfolk Southern Railway Company, for plans and specification, for the proposed replacement of Bridges 1050-161, on County Route 579 over the Norfolk Southern Corporation–Lehigh Valley Main Line, in the Township of Bethlehem and the Borough of Bloomsbury, in the amount of $18,836.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Transportation Service Agreement with The Arc of Hunterdon County, for the purchase of transportation services for eight-five (85) Arc of Hunterdon consumers, for 2018, in an amount not to exceed $200,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement, with Heyer, Gruel & Associates, for Planning Services to Examine Land Use and Planning Policies and Procedures, for the Economic Development Division, in an amount not to exceed $34,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application for the New Jersey Job Access/Reverse Commute (NJ-JARC), Round 5, for State Fiscal Year 2019 and Round 6 for State Fiscal Year
2019, and approving $120,000 as the local share for each application.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application for the State Health Insurance Program (SHIP), for the period April 1, 2018 through March 31, 2019, for an anticipated award of
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application to the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, for the Cultural & Heritage Commission, for a FY2019 Local Arts Program (LAP)
- Lucy Bush, again requesting to use the historic Court House Steps on Thursday, May 03, 2018, making the 67th Annual National Day of Prayer, from 5:00 pm. until 7:00 p.m. Also requesting use of the electric outlet.
- Kingwood Township Volunteer Fire Company, requesting approval to hold a Coin Toss, at the intersection of County Route 519 and State Route 12, on the weekends of May 5 and 6, 2018 and June 2 and 3, 2018, from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)