Updated November 08, 2017 at 3:40 p.m.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 08, 2017
5:00 pm - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene in Open Session
PUBLIC NOTICE: Change in Meeting Time | PUBLIC NOTICE: Bond Ordinance for Various Capital Improvements | COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 5:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before November 02, 2017, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda)
VI. FINANCE, Janet R. Previte
- RESOLUTION - Acknowledging compliance with the Division of Local Government Services, for the 2016 County Audit and authorizing the execution of the Group Affidavit.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of the balance of Capital Ordinance No. 9-07 and authorizing the transfer of the funded balance of said ordinance to the Capital Improvement Fund.
- PUBLIC HEARING - Bond Ordinance No. 2017-03, providing for various additional 2017 capital improvements, by and in the County of Hunterdon, State of New Jersey; appropriating $4,850,000 therefore and authorizing the issuance of $4,560,000 Bonds or Notes.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Letter of Intent for the 2018, County Environmental Health Act (CEHA) grant, with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and Energy, in the amount of $278,450, (State-$139,850; County Match - $139,600).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Health Services Division of the Department of Public Safety and Health Services, to participate in applying for a grant, with one or more New Jersey Counties, for the Childhood Lead Exposure Prevention Program, with the State Department of Health. An amount to be determined at a later date by the State.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for the 2017 and 2018 New Jersey Job Access/Reverse Commute (NJ-JARC) grant, for Rounds 3 and 4, with New Jersey Transit, to provide operating funding for transportation services to employment and/or employment related activities for low-income residents, in the amount of $260,000; (NJ Transit - $130,000; County Match - $130,000).
VIII. PURCHASING, Raymond E. Rule, Jr.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #R7-06252, using the Cooperative Contract #65MCESCCPS, with Magic Touch Construction, for the replacement of the wash bay wastewater holding system, for the Mount Airy Garage (South County), for the Projects Administration Division, in the amount of $84,081.19.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract with Stockton University for a Tourism Study, in an amount not to exceed $45,000, over the course of Three Phases, plus expenses (expenses not to exceed $3,000).
IX. FARMLAND/OPEN SPACE PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Granting final approval to transfer of the Reading Schoolhouse, in Wescott Preserve, to the Township of Delaware.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated November 08, 2017.
- Motion to approve the regular and executive session minutes of October 17, 2017.
- RESOLUTION - Bernadette Gardner appointed provisional, full time Family Service Worker, Social Services Division, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Katie McGann appointed provisional, full time Keyboarding Clerk 2, Senior, Disability and Veterans Services Division, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - John Sigafoos appointed full time Equipment Operator, Roads Division, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Robert Howell appointed full-time Laborer, Roads Division, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Scott Carver to full time Equipment Operator, Roads Division, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Wallace Sloyer appointed full-time Equipment Operator, Roads Division, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Matthew Conner appointed provisional, full time Road Repairer 1 (with CDL Class A Certification), Roads and Bridges Division, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Robert Fandel appointed full-time, Road Repairer 3, Roads Division, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Kyle Kullman appointed provisional, full time Road Repairer Supervisor, Roads Division, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Timothy Dellatore appointed full-time, Senior Bridge Construction Worker, Bridge Division, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Warren Craft appointed provisional, full time Construction Inspector, Engineering Division, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Matheson Westlake appointed part-time Library Assistant, Hunterdon County Library.
- RESOLUTION - Pamela Dean appointed part-time, Library Page, Hunterdon County Library.
- RESOLUTION - Katie LaVigne appointed temporary, Keyboarding Clerk 1, County Clerk’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2017 salaries for unclassified, unaffiliated or non-contractual employees, not covered under a bargaining unit, in the Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Plans and Specifications for the Roadway Resurfacing of County 601 in the Township of West Amwell.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Joint Funding Agreement with the U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, for the annual maintenance of the New Jersey Science Center Water Resources Investigations, in the amount of $1,750.00.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Agent to solicit bids for Janitorial Services.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Agent to solicit bids for Landscape Maintenance and Mowing Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Full and Final Release of All Property Damage Claims with Advanced Transport Solutions, Jheison Munozmarin, Navigators Specialty Insurance Company and York Risk Services Group, Inc., in connection with expenses incurred by the County, in response to a HAZMAT incident which occurred on October 26, 2017, in the Township of Readington, in the amount to be received of $1,234.30.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of property in fee simple, Block 46.01, Lot 12, in Tewksbury Township; and Block 3.01, Lot 9, in Readington Township, from David B. Wagner, Kerry G. Wagner, Ned R. Wagner, and Denis N. Wagner, for the replacement of County Bridge RT-16, in the amount of $340,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of property in fee simple, Block 1.01, Lot 2, in Holland Township, for a Slope Easement and Temporary Construction Easement, from Catherine D. Gincel for the sum of $1,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2016-03, for Resurfacing and Safety Improvements to County Route 579, in Alexandria and Union Townships, decrease of $251,833.54.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Section 5310 Transfer of Title Agreement for a LINK vehicle, #16-1488, a 2013 Ford Supreme, currently leased from NJ Transit.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Equipment Lease Agreement with New Jersey Transit Corporation, to assign the County a 2017 Ford E-350, for use in the County’s Consolidated Transportation System, known as the “LINK”.
- RESOLUTION - Randy Gomez appointed full time, unclassified, Confidential Aide, Department of Finance.
- RESOLUTION - Matthew Snyder appointed full time Park Ranger, Division of Parks, Department of Planning, Economic Development and Land Use.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a salary adjustment for Shane Pierson, County Park Ranger, Division of Parks, Department Planning, Economic Development and Land Use.
- The Hunterdon County Bar Association, requesting the County waive the fee for use of the Historic Courthouse on Thursday, January 25, 2018 (snow date: Tuesday, January 30, 2018), for the Hunterdon County Mock Trial Competition.
- Reach Educational Services, requesting permission to use the Route 12 County Complex parking area on Saturday, December 02, 2017, from approximately 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m., for overflow parking during their ribbon cutting ceremony and reception, if necessary.
XII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)