TENTATIVE AGENDA - updated 12/04/2017 at 2:45 pm
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 05, 2017
5:00 pm - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene in Open Session
PUBLIC NOTICE - Change in Meeting Time | COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 5:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before December 1, 2017, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda)
VI. PUBLIC HEARING
- ADOPTION - County Ordinance #2017-02, Permitting compensation for the Office of Emergency Management/Fire Marshal for overtime hours worked in the Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
VII. COUNTY CLERK, Mary H. Melfi
- Office Update and Accomplishments.
VIII. HEALTH SERVICES, Tadhgh Rainey
- Report on tick issues in the County.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the County’s membership in a Joint Insurance Fund, with ____________, for a period of three years beginning January 1, 2018, and ending January 1, 2021, and appointing Kevin P. Davis asthe Public Entity’s Fund Commissioner.
X. FINANCE, Janet R. Previte, CFO
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing cancelling appropriations and transferring to the Current Fund Budget.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the insertion of an item of revenue and the like sum as an appropriation in the 2017 County Budget for the Highlands Council-Economic Development, in the amount of $45,000.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the insertion of an item of revenue and the like sum as an appropriation in the 2017 County Budget for the 2017 Body Armor, in the amount of $6,222.43.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the insertion of an item of revenue and the like sum as an appropriation in the 2017 County Budget for the, County Environmental Health Act (CEHA) 2017-2018 in the amount of $139,850.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the insertion of an item of revenue and the like sum as an appropriation in the 2017 County Budget for FY15-Emergency Management Performance Grant-EMAA, in the amount of $55,000.
XI. PURCHASING, Raymond E. Rule, Jr.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #R7-06931, using State Contract #A-83932, with PMC Associates, for Base Station Repeaters, for the Division of Communications, Department of Public Safety and Health Services, in the amount of $59,999.03.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the extension of County Bid #2016-15, for Maintenance, Service and supplies for copier equipment, with Superior Office Systems, for an additional year, in an amount not to exceed $45,855.75.
XII. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT, Kevin P. Davis
XIII. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update on various County projects and facilities.
XIV. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated December 05, 2017.
- Motion to approve the regular and executive session minutes of November 21, 2017.
- RESOLUTION - Ross Traphagen appointed as a temporary, as needed Intern, Division of Economic Development, Department of Planning, Economic Development and Land Use, effective December 18, 2017 to January 19, 2018.
- RESOLUTION - Mackenzie Quick appointed as a temporary, as needed Intern, Clerk of the Board of Chosen Freeholders’ Office, effective December 4, 2017 through January 5, 2018.
- RESOLUTION - Mary Evers appointed as a temporary, as needed Intern, Office of the County Administrator, effective December 6, 2017 to December 29, 2017.
- RESOLUTION - Drew Stephens appointed part-time Security Guard, Sheriff’s Department.
- RESOLUTION - William Spekhardt appointed part-time Security Guard, Sheriff’s Department.
- RESOLUTION - Linda Martorano appointed unclassified, full time Assistant Deputy County Clerk, Office of the County Clerk.
- RESOLUTION - Approving CWA Rank and File in the County Clerk’s Office move to a 40 hour work week.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a salary adjustment for Lisa Mena, Deputy County Clerk, Office of the County Clerk.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Howard J. Opdyke to the Hunterdon County Vocational School District, known as Polytech.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Salary and Reimbursement Agreement for the Rutgers’ Cooperative Extension, part of Rutgers’ The State University, for 2017 and 2018.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the solicitation of bids for the Hunterdon County Justice Center Exterior Renovations.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the revised Risk Management Manual, providing a safe and healthy workplace, to promote safety training programs, evaluate the safety of County buildings and property; and to comply with PEOSH regulations.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a budget modification for the 2017 Senior Citizens and Disabled Resident Transportation Assistance Program to transfer $8,466.56 from the capital budget to the operating budget’s Third Party Contract Services line item.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a contract modification with Turning Point, Inc., to reflect an increase of $5,000 for the Short-Term Residential Program; amending the not to exceed amount to $42,107.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a contract modification with Turning Point, Inc., to reflect an increase of $17,925 for the Women’s Halfway House Program; amending the not to exceed amount to $32,925.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a contract modification with Freedom House, Inc., to reflect a decrease of $22,925 for the Men’s Halfway House program; amending the not to exceed amount $6,775.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with the Highlands Water Protection and Planning Council, to undertake sustainable economic development planning, in the amount of $45,000.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)