HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder's Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2016
8:30 am - Convene in Executive Session
10:00 am - Convene in Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 8:30 a.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before October 26, 2016, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 10:00 a.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring November 17, 2016 as Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Day in Hunterdon County.
VII. FINANCE, Janet R. Previte
- RESOLUTION - Acknowledging compliance with the Division of Local Government Services, for the 2015 County Audit.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an insertion of an item of revenue and the like sum as an appropriation in the County’s Budget for the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Grant (Municipal Alliance) for 2016-2017, in the amount of $181,380.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an insertion of an item of revenue and the like sum as an appropriation in the Count’s Budget for the
Veterans’ Transportation Grant (2016-2017), in the amount of $15,000.
VIII. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County facilities and projects.
IX. PURCHASING, Raymond E. Rule, Jr.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2016-15, Maintenance Service and Supplies for Copier Equipment, with Superior Office Systems, in an amount not to exceed $45,855.75.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2016-12, Furnish and Deliver a 2016 or newer Volvo L70H Wheel Loader with Tier 4 Final Emissions and Associated Equipment or approved equal, with Penn Jersey Machinery LLC, in an amount not to exceed $147,680.
X. FOR DISCUSSION
- Audio of Freeholder Meetings.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated November 01, 2016.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of October 04, 2016.
- RESOLUTION - Brittany E. Kerr appointed temporary Laboratory Assistant, Division of Vector Control, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Frances McAllister appointed a Temporary Clerk, County Clerk’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Melanie Mason appointed Agricultural Resource Specialist 2, Division of Planning, Economic Development and Land Use.
- RESOLUTION - Denise Childers appointed Supervising Program Development Specialist, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a revised salary adjustment for Sheriff’s Department employees, per the agreement between FOP 94 and the County of Hunterdon.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a final payment for the Reconstruction of County Culvert FU-5 in the Townships of Franklin and Union, with Glen G. Hale. Inc., in the amount of $11,790.86
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Melody Simerson to the Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Addiction, (LACADA).
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #2-Final, County Bid #2015-26, for Site Improvements for County Communications and Emergency Services on County Route 617, with CMS Construction, Inc., for a decrease of $37,181.50.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Cooperative Pricing Agreement with the Educational Services Commission of New Jersey.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the prohibition of all towed vehicles and trailers, as well a maximum length of 30 feet for all single unit vehicles on Bridge K-93, Horseshoe Bend Road, in Kingwood Township.
- RESOLUTION - Supporting East Amwell’s application for federal funding assistance through the New Jersey Department of Transportation, Transportation Alternatives Program for the demolition of the Kleinschmidt House on County Route 514.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the dedication of a portion of 647 Junction Road (“Old Junction Road”), to Raritan Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Subcontract for the 2017 Subregional Transportation Program, with the New Jersey Institute of
Technology and the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, Inc. in the amount of $88,762.50.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Property Rights Agreement with Fiberville Estates LLC, in connection with the reconstruction and
widening of County Route 519 (Warren Glen Hill).
- RESOLUTION - Supporting Frenchtown Borough’s application for federal funding assistance through the New Jersey Department
of Transportation, Transportation Alternatives program, for streetscape improvements along County Route 513 (Race Street).
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Amendment/Modification Form for Standard Contracts, with the Department of Environmental
Protection, for a work period extension to the 2016 County Environmental Health Act Grant (CEHA).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Subaward for the FFY2015 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (Multi-Jurisdictional
Gangs, Guns and Narcotics Task Force) program, in the amount of $75,336.
- Flemington Borough, requesting a letter of support of their Transportation Alternatives Program grant for Phase II for the streetscape improvements on Main Street.
- Friends of Historic Flemington again requesting to use the historic Court House steps 12:00 p.m. until 3 p.m., on Sunday, November 13, 2016, for the purpose of holding a gathering for the preservation of Main Street. Also requesting to use electric outlet. Flemington Borough has given the group a permit.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION
(Reconvene if necessary)