TENTATIVE AGENDA - updated 10/04/2016 at 1:30 pm
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder's meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 04, 2016
4:30 p.m. - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene in Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:30 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before September 29, 2016, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. FINANCE, Janet Previte, Acting Financial Officer
- RESOLUTION - Approving the cancellation of various Capital Ordinances.
VII. HEALTH DIVISION, Tadhgh Rainey
- Black Fly update.
VIII. PURCHASING, Raymond E. Rule, Jr.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #R6-05967, using State Contract No(s). A-89938 and A-81332, with Day Chevrolet, for a Specialty Vehicle, for the Sheriff’s Office, in the amount of $48,710.61.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #R6-05943, using State Contract #A-81123, with Tele-Measurements, Inc., for a Courthouse Conferencing System, for the Sheriff’s Office, in the amount of $160,577.90.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Professional Services agreement for Engineering Design Services, for the Reconstruction of County Bridge Q-48, with Malick & Scherer, P.C., in an amount not to exceed $144,722.00.
IX. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County facilities and projects.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services contract amendment with Malick & Scherer, for Phase II, of the Multi-Use Path across Prescott Brook, in Clinton Township, in the amount of $18,000.
X. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Open Space Grant Program grant application with Milford Borough, at the recommendation of the Parks and Open Space Advisory Council, for the A&L Oil property acquisition, Block 5, Lot 1, in the amount of $9,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Cooperative Assistance Open Space Grant application with Delaware Township, at the
recommendation of the Parks and Open Space Advisory
Council, for the Millner property, Block 3, Lots 19, 19.01-
19.04, (Delaware Township) and Block 50, Lot 5 (Franklin
Township), in the amount of $534,225.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Cooperative Assistance Open Space Grant
application with the Tewksbury Land Trust, at the
recommendation of the Parks and Open Space Advisory
Council, for the Pye property, Block 28, Lot 9.07 and part of Block 28, Lot 9.01, Tewksbury Township, in the amount
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated October 04, 2016.
- Motion to approve the executive minutes of September 20, 2016.
- RESOLUTION - Chelsea Williams appointed full-time, Library Assistant, County Library.
- RESOLUTION - Kenneth Bogen appointed provisional, full-time Supervising Planner, Division of Land Use and Planning Division, Department of Planning, Economic Development and Land Use.
- RESOLUTION - Kevin Barile appointed provisional, full-time Road Repairer 2, Division of Roads and Bridges, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - William J. Millette appointed provisional, full-time Principal Planner, Division of Land Use and Planning, Department of Planning, Economic Development and Land Use.
- RESOLUTION - Steve Betancourt appointed provisional, full-time Road Repairer 2, Division of Roads and Bridges, Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Approving salary adjustments for the Sheriff’s Office employees, according to the agreement with FOP 94.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Thomas Mathews to the Hunterdon County Shade Tree Commission.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a No-Stopping or Standing Zone on County Route 523 (River Road), in Raritan Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a final payment, for County Bid #2015-26, for Site Improvements at County Communications and Emergency Services on County Route 617 (Cherryville Road), to CMS Construction, Inc., in the amount of $18,036.03.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a sidebar agreement with the CWA Local 1036 for the Communication Division.
- RESOLUTION - Urging the State Legislature to approve A-1834/S-178 which requires the Department of Health to license additional angioplasty facilities, with at least one in each of the twenty-one counties in New Jersey.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing October 06, 2016 as “Knock Out Opiate Abuse Day” in the County.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing the patriotic service and dedication efforts of Hunterdon’s Fire and Emergency Services personnel and asking that American Flags be lowered on all buildings to half-staff on October 09, 2016.
- Flemington Community Partnership, requesting permission to hold Courthouse Jail Tours, in the Historic County Court House, on Sunday, October 30, 2016, from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m., and on Monday, October 31, 2016, from dusk to 9:00 p.m. Also requesting permission to have a voluntary donation jar with candy at the front entrance. The Sheriff has been asked to give tours of the jail.
- Friends of Historic Flemington, request to use the historic Court House steps from 9:00 a.m. until noon, on Saturday, October 22, 2016, for the purpose of holding a gathering for the preservation of Main Street. Also requesting to use electric outlet. Flemington Borough has given the group a permit.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)