TENTATIVE AGENDA - updated 02/01/2016
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder's meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 02, 2016
4:00 p.m. - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene in Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 05, 2016, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENTOF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz, Vocational Education Superintendent
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing February 2016 as Career and Technical Education Month.
VII. PURCHASING, John Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing an extension of County Bid #2014-26, to conduct Hazardous Waste Clean Up Days, to Radiac Research Corporation, for a second year, in an amount not to exceed $86,496.00.
VIII. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County projects and facilities.
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register
dated February 02, 2016.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of December 30, 2015, the reorganization meeting of January 05, 2016 and the regular session minutes of January 19, 2016.
- RESOLUTION - Kendra Quintero, part time Library Assistant, Library, increase of hours to 24 per week.
- RESOLUTION - Stacy Whitelaw appointed permanent, full time
Assistant Supervisor of Account, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Carol Jablonski appointed full time, Senior Library Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Brenda Gerry promoted full time, Senior Library
- RESOLUTION - Approving longevity payments for employees covered under the CWA Local 1036, Supervisors Bargaining Unit agreement.
- RESOLUTION - Approving longevity payments for employees covered under the CWA Local 1036, CWA Non-
- RESOLUTION - Approving longevity payments for unclassified, noncontractual
- RESOLUTION - Approving authorization to bid for County Bid #2016-
05, to furnish and deliver Maintenance and Repair Materials, for the Division of Roads and Bridges.
- RESOLUTION - Approving authorization to bid for County Bid #2016-06, to furnish and deliver Transit Concrete, for the Division of Roads and Bridges.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional auditing services
agreement with Wiss & Company, LLP, for the
County’s annual auditing services, in an amount not
to exceed $75,200.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the sale of surplus equipment/goods
through govdeals.com., to be held the week of
February 22, 2016.
- RESOLUTION - Approving reappointments/appointments to the Solid
Waste Advisory Council for 2016.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2015-
26, for Site Improvements at the County’s
Communications and Emergency Services Building,
on County Route 617, in Franklin Township, with
CMS Contracting, Inc., increase of $15,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a License Agreement with American Tower, L.P., for a tower to be located in East Amwell Township, at 14 Stoney Brook Road, Hopewell, New
Jersey, for the amount of $2,000 per month, for a
five year period, with a one-time site inspection fee
- RESOLUTION - Tiffany L. Horn promoted full time, Clerk Driver, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Gelaine S. Dziamara appointed unclassified, full time
Department Head, Department of Planning,
Economic Development and Land Use.
- RESOLUTION - Jennifer Shore appointed Director of Housing,
Division of Housing, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION – Approving longevity payments for employees
covered under the collective bargaining agreement
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with the New Jersey
State Council on the Arts, for cultural projects, grant
administration, professional development and regranting
to local arts organizations, for the period of July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017, in the amount of $66,464 (grant funding-$33,232 and a County Match -$33,232).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application for with the New Jersey State Council on the Arts “Local Arts Staffing Initiative”, for a three year program: FY2017-FY2019: (Year 1 – 100% funded by NJSCA; Year 2 - 67% funded by NJSCA, $16,750, County Match $8,250; Year 3 - 50% funded by NJSCA, $12,500, County Match, $12,500; Year 4 – grantee supports full cost - $25,000).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application with the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, to provide a Municipal Alliance Program to prevent alcoholism and drug abuse, in the amount of $181,380 in State funds and a County Match of $29,773.
- Anne Hercek, request to use the historic Court House steps, on
Saturday, February 27, 2016, from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., for a
XII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)