HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
SEPTEMBER 01, 2015
4:30 p.m. - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 p.m. - Open Public Session
PUBLIC NOTICE - BOND ORDINANCE | PUBLIC NOTICE - MEETING TIME CHANGE | FULL AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:30 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 06, 2015, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, HCNews and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss various legal issues.
- To discuss various personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. FINANCE, Janet R. Previte, Chief Financial Officer
- PUBLIC HEARING - Adoption of Bond Ordinance 2015-01, providing for various capital improvements and appropriating $22,029,400 and authorizing $13,965,000 bonds or notes.
VI. NJAC, John Donnadio, Executive Director
- Presentation of NJAC Scholarship Awards to Sam Cohen and Kathryn Majorossy. (photo link)
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Raymond F. Clark, Troop 187, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Steven C. Grimes, Troop 186, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the acceptance of an Indemnity Agreement with the New Jersey State Agriculture Development Committee for insuring adequate title on the acquisition of Block 33, Lot 24, in Kingwood Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Deed of Easement from John F. Jacobson and Miriam Jacobson, for Block 15, Lot 1, in Alexandria Township, estimated 29.448 acres, (SADC-$197,878.20; County-$65,959.40; Township- $65,959.40), total amount of $329,797.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Historic Preservation Grant with the Hunterdon Land Trust for the Case Dvoor Farmstead, Block 49, Lot 2, in Raritan Township, in the amount of $28,000. (painting garage, horse barn and corn crib; masonry repair; repointing of farmhouse stonework; connecting the retaining wall).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Historic Preservation Grant with the Hunterdon County Historical Society for exterior restoration and painting of the Doric House, Block 23, Lot 2, Flemington Borough, in the amount of $25,000.
IX. PURCHASING, John Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the extension of County Bid #2014-09, for Fine Paper and Envelopes, with Paper Mart, Inc., for a second year, in an amount not to exceed $83,642.69.
X. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County projects.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated September 01, 2015.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of August 18, 2015.
- RESOLUTION - David Bishop appointed temporary, as needed Security Guard, Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - John Deley appointed provisional, full time Senior MIS Technician, Division of Information Services, Department of Administrative Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving salaries for unclassified/unaffiliated or non-contractual employees in the Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Lois Baker appointed permanent, full time Keyboarding Clerk 1, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the solicitation of bids for County Bid #2015-25, to furnish and deliver one (1) new and unused Crown RMD6095S Narrow Aisle 36 Volt Double Deep S Class Reach Truck or approved equivalent (forklift for Records Retention Center).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with Mark Tinder Appraisals, LLC, for right of way appraisal services, in connection with County Route 519 (Warren Glen Hill Road), in Holland Township, in an amount not to exceed $14,995.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the Farmers’ Sportsman Club for hunting on Block 6, Lots 44, 49 and 49.02, in Holland Township; amount to be received by the County - $5,399.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with the Rev. David Errickson for Chaplain services at the Jail, in the amount of $15,600.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the mandating of Direct Deposit for all County employees, with the option to exempt temporary and seasonal employees.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final payment for County Bid #2014-11, for the 2014 Resurfacing and Surface Treatment of various County roads in various municipalities, to Trap Rock Industries, LLC, in the amount of $46,163.20.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the reduction of truck traffic in High Bridge Borough.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a “Return to Work” program as directed by the County’s Insurance Carrier, Willis.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the renewal of a Title IV-D Reimbursement Agreement, with the New Jersey Division of Family Development, for the Sheriff’s Office, in the amount of $208,667.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the submission of the Hunterdon County Comprehensive County Youth Services Plan Update and Funding Application, in the amount of $283,709 in state fund from the Juvenile Justice Commission; and authorizing the submission of the Plan to the to the New Jersey Juvenile Justice Commission.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant Agreement with the Central Hunterdon Alliance, represented by Delaware Township, in the amount of $31,844.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant Agreement with the South Hunterdon Alliance, represented by West Amwell Township, in the amount of $16,108.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant Agreement with the Voorhees Regional Alliance, represented by Tewksbury Township, in the amount of $22,852.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Memorandum of Understanding among the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness and the New Jersey Northwest Region Counties (Hunterdon, Somerset, Sussex, Warren) concerning the use of Federal Homeland Security grant funds, in the amount of $309,344.59.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)