TENTATIVE AGENDA - SPECIAL BUDGET MEETING
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, MAY 19, 2015
4:00 p.m. - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 p.m. - Open Public Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 06, 2015, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, the HCNews and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- RESOLUTION - Budget to be read by Title Only.
- PUBLIC HEARING - Motion to adopt of the 2015 County Budget.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to the 2015 County Budget.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the amount to be raised by taxation for the County’s Open Space, Recreation, Farmland and Historic Preservation Trust Fund.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the amount to be raised by taxation for support of the Operating Budget for the County Library.
VI. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Contract for Sale of Development Easement from John and Miriam Jacobson, for Block 51, Lot 1, in Alexandria Township, estimated 30 acres, (SADC - $207,000; County - $69,000; Township - $69,000), total amount $345,000.
VII. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- To discuss County Route 513/Exit 15/Interstate 78.
VIII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated May 19, 2015.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of March 17, 2015 and April 07, 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Alexander Ubry appointed temporary, seasonal Laborer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Barone appointed temporary, seasonal Laborer, Building and Maintenance Division, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Terence Caroll appointed temporary, seasonal Laborer, Buildings and Maintenance Division, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Madeline Yannuzzi appointed temporary, seasonal Summer Camp Assistant, Parks and Recreation Division, Department of Land Use and Facilities Management.
- RESOLUTION - Sierra Brooks appointed temporary, seasonal Summer Recreation Leader, Parks and Recreation Division, Department of Land Use and Facilities Management.
- RESOLUTION - Andrew Camp appointed part-time, unclassified Confidential Assistant, Health Services Division, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Establishing hours for Joann Blayle, Library Assistant, County Library.
- RESOLUTION - Longevity Payments for CWA Supervisory according to the bargaining agreement.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a bridge easement and temporary construction easement with Eltom Manor, LLC, in connection with the reconstruction of Route 637/620 in the amount of $5,720.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a bridge easement with Ilias Dorziotis and Areti Manola in connection with the reconstruction of Route 637/620 in the amount of $940.
- RESOLUTION - Approving speed limits along County Route 602 (Ringoes-Wertsville Road) in East Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving speed limits along Frenchtown Road (County Route 619) Water Street and Milford-Warren Glen Road in Alexandria and Holland Townships and Milford Borough.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the selling of surplus vehicles, Truck #35, Truck #72, Truck #20, and Truck #79, to the Township of Hopewell in the amount of $60,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for a Federal Aid Agreement with New Jersey DOT for the Replacement of Inter-County Bridge L-25-W (Warren County Bridge #16009) and approach Point Mountain Ridge over the Musconetcong River, in Lebanon Township and Mansfield Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the subcontract award agreement with Somerset County for assistance to needy families, in the additional amount of $27,870.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a renewal contract with New Jersey Human Services for transportation block grant funds, for TANF participants for LINK services, in the amount of $33,768.
- Cherryville Repeater Association II, requesting permission to use a field at the Route 12 County Complex for the period of June 26-June 28, 2015, for their Annual Emergency Training Field Day.
XI. RECESS – 6:20 p.m.
XII. RECONVENE – Historic Court House – 6:30 p.m.
XIII. CULTURAL & HERITAGE COMMISSION
- Presentation of Mini-Historian awards for 2015.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)