TENTATIVE AGENDA (Updated 03/02/2015 at 12:30pm)
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, MARCH 03, 2015
4:00 p.m. - Convene Executive Session
5:30 p.m. - Convene Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 06, 2015, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, HCNews and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz
VI. BUDGET COMMITTEE
- Presentation on Capital Budget.
VII. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT, Brayden Fahey, Coordinator
- Presentation on the County’s Hazardous Mitigation Plan with a Consultant from TetraTech.
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving revisions to County Policy #2008-02, for the Open Space, Farmland Preservation and Historic Preservation Policy.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Bylaws for the Parks and Open Space Advisory Committee.
IX. PURCHASING, John Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #27438, using NJSA 40A:11-5(1)DD, with Queues Enforth Development, for software maintenance, for Emergency Services, in the amount of $52,935.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the extension of County Bid #2011-02, for Operation of the County Consolidated Transportation System (LINK), with First Transit, Inc., through June 30, 2016, in an amount not to exceed $1,414,972.51.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to County Bid #2014-19, for Snow and Ice Control Materials, with Atlantic Salt, Inc., for rock salt, increase in the amount of $408,000.
X. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County projects.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated March 03, 2015.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of January 20, 2015 and February 03, 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the addition of Joseph Pacella, Collective Bargaining Agreement, CWA Non-Supervisory Agreement, salary for 2015. (omitted from original resolution adopted on 2/17/15).
- RESOLUTION - Vanessa Jimenez appointed full time, Detective Trainee, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Amy Yashkas appointed full time, County Correction Sergeant, Division of Corrections, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Salaries for employees covered under FOP Lodge #29, Corrections-Superior Officers, for 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Mercer County for the Rehabilitation of Inter-County Bridge W-35-M, on Pleasant Valley-Harbourton Road, over the Tributary of Moore’s Creek, in West Amwell Township. All costs to be shared on a 50/50 basis.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Hunterdon Prevention Resources, for a Law Enforcement Adolescent Program, in the amount of $15,000; and authorizing a provider service contract reflecting the County’s cost.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with Hunterdon Prevention Resources, to remove the Law Enforcement Adolescent Program and its funding from the current agreement; and to approve funding through 2015, in the amount of $110,506.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with Hunterdon Behavioral Health to remove the Family Crisis Intervention Unit Program from the current agreement and amend the Grant Agreement in terms of funding for 2015, in the amount of $648,912.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a mortgage cancellation for Margaret DeRose, as it is paid in full.
- RESOLUTION - Approving reappointments to the Hunterdon County Voting Accessibility Advisory Committee.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Betsy Hornberger to the Human Services Advisory Committee.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Larry Cartwright to the County Mental Health Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Service and Occupancy Agreement for use of the Lechner House, at Echo Hill Preserve, with the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the professional financial accounting services agreement with PM Consultants, LLC, for an additional $50,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a revised Handbook for County Employees.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing Harrison Street be dedicated to the Borough of Frenchtown.
ADDED ITEM : 3/02/15 at 12:30pm
- RESOLUTION - Michael Franchini appointed full time, Principal Account Clerk, Finance Office.
XII. FOR DISCUSSION (added 03/02/2015 at 9:00am)
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a resolution opposing the proposed routing of the Penn East Pipeline.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the National Association of County and City Health Officials, to provide support to MRC (Medical Response Corps) units, in the amount of $3,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subcontract for the 2015 Subregional Transportation Program, with the New Jersey Institute of Technology and the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, Inc., in the amount of $64,880 (federal funds - $51,904 and a County Match of $12,976).
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Cultural and Heritage Commission, Special Project Grant Awards, in the amount of $22,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Cultural and Heritage Commission, Local Art Program Grant Awards, in the amount of $66,464.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring March 2015 as American Red Cross Month in the County.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring April 18, 2015 as Caregivers Appreciation Day in the County, to increase awareness of the needs of Family Caregivers.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Philip Gerard D’Armiento for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Jack Thomas Kolodziej for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Nicholas James Sarnelli for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- High Bridge Fire Department, requesting permission to hold Coin Tosses on Saturday, April 04, 2015 and Saturday, November 28, 2015, at County Route 513 between Grayrock Road and Arch Street.
- Morris Area Freewheelers Foundation, request to use County Route 523 in Readington and Tewksbury Townships, during their 7th Annual Revolutionary Ramble, (100 mile ride), to take place on Sunday, June 14, 2015.
- Flemington Business Improvement District, requesting permission to use the Main Street County Complex rest rooms and parking area, on Friday, September 18, 2015, during their Second Annual Central Jersey Jazz Festival, between 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- Team Somerset Bicycling Club, requesting permission use County roads (County Route 620 and 629), to conduct individual time trails during their bicycling event on Saturday, May 09, 2015, from 7:30 a.m. until 9:30 p.m.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)