HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
61 Church Street, Holland Township Municipal Building, Milford, New Jersey 08848
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 03, 2015
4:30 p.m. - Convene Executive Session
5:30 p.m. - Convene Open Session
PUBLIC NOTICE | COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:30 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 27, 2015, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, HCNews and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz
- PROCLAMATION – Career and Technical Education Month.
VI. FINANCE, Beth Schermerhorn
- Motion to acknowledge receipt of the 2013 County Audit.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a temporary budget for Grants.
VII. PURCHASING, John Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #IT.3957, using State Contract #A-77003, with Dell, for software licenses, for Information and Technology, in the amount of $89,414.45.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #PROS.794090, using State Contract #A-83013, with Beyer Ford, for a 2015 Ford Explorer, for the Prosecutor’s Office, in the amount of $28,039.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #Sheriff.1854, using State Contract #A-83011, with Hertrich Fleet Services, Inc., for a 2015 Jeep Patriot, for the Sheriff’s Office, in the amount of $19,211.50.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2014-16, for an Advertising Firm to provide exterior advertising for the Hunterdon County Link Transportation System, to HFT Management, Inc., d/b/a Gateway Outdoor Advertising, in an amount to be received of 63% of the gross advertising revenue generated.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2014-27, for Janitorial Services for the County, with Maverick Building Services, in an amount not to exceed $516,384 for a two year period.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2014-31, for ten (10) Gledhill plows and six (6) Gledhill patrol wings or approved equivalent, with Henderson Products, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $188,888.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Quote #0085-2014, for professional material testing on various projects, with Key Tech, in an amount not to exceed $20,000.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Quote #0094-2014, for design services for the reconstruction of County Bridge A-52 and Approach of County Route 519 (Little York-Mount Pleasant Road) over the Harihokake Creek, in Alexandria Township, with Cherry, Weber and Associates, in an amount not to exceed $98,975.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Quote #0106-2014, for surveying services on the KJA Holdings property, Block 25, Lot 34, in Holland Township, for the Farmland Preservation Program, with Bohren and Bohren Associates, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $7,900.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Quote #0106-2014, for surveying services on the Readington Toll property, Block 94, Lot 19, in Readington Township, with Hatch Mott MacDonald, in an amount not to exceed $4,500.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Quote #0106-2014, for surveying services on the Zander #1 and #2 property, Block 22, Lot 26, in Alexandria Township and Block 5, Lot 3, in Kingwood Township, with Van Cleef Engineering Associates, in an amount not to exceed $7,900.
VIII. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County projects.
IX. FARMLAND/OPEN SPACE PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving the grant agreement for the acquisition of a development easement from Marjorie and Richard E. Yard, Block 44, Lot 15, Delaware Township, estimated 33 acres, (SADC-$196,896.57; County-$0; Township-$0; FRPP-$131,264.38), total amount of $328,160.95.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a municipal grant application, at the recommendation of the Parks and Open Space Advisory Committee, for Open Space Trust Funds for Flemington Borough, for the restoration and placement of the 1892 wrought iron fence surrounding the Civil War Memorial, in the amount of $10,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a municipal grant application, at the recommendation of the Parks and Open Space Advisory Committee, for Open Space Trust Funds for Union Township, to fund current debt service for their acquisition costs related to Milligan Farms, in the amount of $25,663.62.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated February 03, 2015.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of December 16, 2014 and the special session minutes of December 30, 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Lacy Schott appointed full time, unclassified Adjuster, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Derek Roling appointed full time, provisional Family Service Worker, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Andrea Kordonis, Library Assistant, decrease in hours.
- RESOLUTION - Jeanne Ferrari transfer to Division of Housing, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Lisa Storm appointed full time, Senior Library Assistant, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Transportation Services Agreement with the ARC of Hunterdon County, for services for 85 ARC consumers, in the amount of $200,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving modification #1, to the agreement with the New Jersey Department of Transportation, Local Aid and Economic Development, for “Wertsville Road (County Route 602) Bridge E-174 over a Tributary of the Back Brook, Construction Phase, in East Amwell Township, decrease of $711,175.96.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the Federal Highway Administration and the New Jersey Historic Preservation Office, for the Replacement of County Route 579 (Church Street) Bridge over the Norfolk Southern-Lehigh Valley Main Line (Hunterdon County Structure No. 1050-161), in Bethlehem Township and Bloomsbury Borough.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the Communications Workers of America, Local 1036, Rank and File Unit, for 2012 through 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Donna Michelsen to the Human Services Advisory Council.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Peter Lisi to the Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Addiction.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Christina Honthy to the Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Addiction.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of S. Christine Jochem to the Advisory Council to the Division of Senior, Disabilities and Veterans Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving appointments to the New Jersey Association of Counties for 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the solicitation of bids, Bid #2015-01, for Epoxy Traffic Striping Marking Material.
- RESOLUTION - Appointing Willis of New Jersey as the County’s Risk Manager.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for a grant from the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, for the administration of the Low Income Heating and Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), in the amount of $1,776.
XII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)