HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, August 18, 2015
4:00 p.m. - Convene Executive Session
5:30 p.m. - Convene Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 06, 2015, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, the HCNews and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- PROCLAMATION- Recognizing Peter W. Schoderbek for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION- Recognizing Ryan Unkert for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION- Recognizing Lorraine Galbraith for her participation in three hundred sessions of Horticultural Therapy.
VII. FINANCE, Janet Previte, County Finance Officer
- INTRODUCTION - Bond Ordinance providing for various 2015 Capital Improvements, by and in the County of Hunterdon, State of New Jersey; appropriating $22,029,400 therefor and authorizing $13,965,000 bonds or notes of The County to finance part of the costs therefor.
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of a Development Easement from Amwell Chase, Inc., on Block 5, Lot 24 and 24.01, Township of West Amwell, estimated 183.152 acres, (SADC - $961,548; County - $315,937; Township - $315,937), total amount of $1,593,422.40.
IX. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2015-22, for the Painting of Various Bridges, with Pro-Spec Painting Inc., in an amount not to exceed $206,800.00.
X. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated August 18, 2015.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of August 4, 2015.
- RESOLUTION- Jared Biondi appointed full-time Library Driver, Library, County of Hunterdon.
- RESOLUTION- David Weighart appointed full-time GIS Specialist III, Information Services Division, Department of Administrative Services.
- RESOLUTION- Timothy Rehl appointed full-time Laborer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION- Approving the salary for Gelaine (Sue) Dziamara, covered under the collective bargaining agreement between AFSCME and the County of Hunterdon for 2015.
- RESOLUTION- Approving the salaries for employees covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between FOP Lodge #94. Sheriff’s Officers Association and the County of Hunterdon.
- RESOLUTION- Approving an Employment and Reimbursement Agreement with Michael J. Buchholz, Sheriff’s Officer.
- RESOLUTION- Approving Change Order #1, FINAL, for County Bid #2013-06 for the Reconstruction of County Bridge U-1, Race Street over Grandin Stream, Union Township, to Reivax Contracting Corp., increase of $19,982.69.
- RESOLUTION- Approving final payment for County Bid #2013-08, for the Reconstruction of County Culvert U-18 on Race Street over Grandin Stream, Union Township, to Reivax Contracting Corp., in the amount of $7,754.08.
- RESOLUTION- Approving plans and specifications for the Roadway Resurfacing of County Route 513 in the Borough of High Bridge and Townships of Lebanon and Clinton; and authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for bids.
- RESOLUTION- Approving plans and specifications for the Roadway Resurfacing and Safety Improvements of County Route 579 in the Townships of Alexandria and Union; and authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for bids.
- RESOLUTION- Approving the property parcel map and designating roads areas to be acquired for highway purposes and authorizing the acquisition of lands and payment for same and authorizing the early appraisal of lands and title searches for the Reconstruction of County Route 637.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the sub-grant award of the Multi- Jurisdictional County Gang, Gun and
Jurisdictional Narcotics Task Force Grant, for the period of July 01, 2015 through June 30, 2016, in the amount of $43,969.00 (federal funds).
- Lambertville Historical Society, requesting permission to use/hire the County’s LINK Bus service for their annual Lambertville Autumn House Tour on Sunday, October 18th from 10:15 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. to shuttle visitors between Lambertville-New Hope Rescue Squad parking lot to City Hall on York Street in Lambertville.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)