TENTATIVE AGENDA - UPDATED 08/04/2015
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Raritan Townhsip Municipal Building, 1 Municipal Drive
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, AUGUST 04, 2015
4:00 p.m. - Convene Executive Session
5:30 p.m. - Convene Open Session
PUBLIC NOTICE | COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:30 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before Tuesday, July 28, 2015, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, HCNews (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Stephen Greene for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
VII. FINANCE, Janet R. Previte, County Finance Officer
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services to insert an item of revenue in the 2015 County Budget for State Homeland Security Grant, for 2014, in the amount of $169,680.
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Grant Agreement with East Amwell Township, in the amount of $21,942.90, with $15,100 towards the acquisition of the East Jersey Developers property, Block 35, Lot 18.01 and $6,842.80 to be used as debt service for the Marian F. Clawson Park, Block 14, Lo6 16.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Grant Agreement with High Bridge Borough for debt service incurred in connection with the acquisition of the Lake Solitude property, Blocks 4.07, 40 and 7; Lots 1, 2 and 11.01, in the amount of $10,418.32.
IX. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update of various County projects and facilities.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated August 04, 2015.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of July 21, 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Michael Franchini appointed full time, unclassified Division Head, Payroll Division, Finance Department.
- RESOLUTION - Michael Buchholz appointed full time Sheriff’s Officer, in the Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Approving longevity to employees covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, FOP#94 for Sheriff’s Officers, for 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Evan Jordan appointed full time Laborer, in the Roads and Bridges Division, of the Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Alexander Howard appointed full time Public Health Investigator, Health Services Division, of the Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Salary adjustment for Shu Chiang, Public Health Nurse Supervisor, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the CWA Supervisory Unit, Local 1036.
RESOLUTION - Jaret Biondi appointed full time Library Driver, Library Headquarters.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2015/2016 Controlled Hunting Program.
RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with the Hunterdon Medical Center for Corporate Health Services, to provide occupational health services and employee assistance services, in an amount not to exceed $15,000.
- RESOLUTION - Urging the Governor to protect local property taxpayers by respecting the structure and preserving the integrity of the fiscally solvent local pension systems.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a facilities agreement with Central Jersey Family Health Consortium, Inc., for office space and basic office supplies for a Central Intake Specialist, at the Division of Health Services, for a one year period, cost of $3,000 to be covered under the Health Services Grant.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Consulting Agreement with Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey to provide assistance in data collection and report for the New Jersey Department of Human Services and United Way’s Thrive Initiative, through the County’s Human Services Department, in an amount not to exceed $17,500 (state grant funds #15AHKC - NJ Division of Child Protection and Permanency).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the renewal of the New Jersey Job Access/Reverse Commute (NJ-JARC) agreement with New Jersey Transit, for a grant in the amount of $30,000 with a County Match of $30,000.
- Good News Home for Women, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss, on Saturday, September 12, 2015, from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., at the intersection of County Route 523 and River Road, during their 13th annual Harvest Festival and Craft Fair.
- Flemington Business Improvement District, requesting permission to use the Main Street County Complex parking area on Sunday, August 23, 2015, for the Second Annual Corn & Tomato Festival, for the placement of Port-a-Johns and for the vendors to unload and park vehicles.
- Flemington Business Improvement District, requesting a waiver to allow alcohol sales during the Second Annual Corn & Tomato Festival in the Main Street County Complex, on August 23, 2015.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)