HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, JULY 15, 2014
4:00 P.M. Convene Executive Session
5:30 P.M. Convene Public Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2014, to the Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, Express Times and the HC News (online), newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda)
V. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2014-06, for Food Services and Commissary Services, for the Correctional Facility, to Aramark Correctional Services, amount not to exceed $794,420.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2014-08, for the reconstruction of County Route 600 (Wescott Dr.) and County Route 612 (Sand Hill Rd.), in Raritan Twp., to Glen G. Hale, Inc., amount not to exceed $634,216.63.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Quote #0042-2014, for professional engineering design services, for the reconstruction of County Culvert R-58 and approach of Pulaski Road, over a Branch of the Chambers Brook, in Readington Township, to Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc., amount not to exceed $69,400.
VI. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
VII. HEALTH DIVISION, Tadhgh Rainey
- Animal Control Officer update.
VIII. FOR DISCUSSION
Software System for the County.
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated July 15, 2014.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of April 15, 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Approving salaries for 2013 and 2014 under the Collective Bargaining Agreement for CWA Non-Supervisory employees.
- RESOLUTION - Bruce Hewitt appointed unclassified, full time Confidential Aide, in the Housing Division, Human Services Dept.
- RESOLUTION - Lorraine Radigan appointed full time, Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Emergency Services Division, Public Safety and Health Services Dept.
- RESOLUTION - Mathew Trimper appointed full time, Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Emergency Services Division, Public Safety and Health Services Dept.
- RESOLUTION - Ryan Neary appointed full time, Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Emergency Services Division, Public Safety and Health Services Dept.
- RESOLUTION - James A. Nammoura appointed full time, Sheriff’s Officer, Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - James Stevens appointed temporary, as needed Seasonal Laborer, Parks and Recreation Division, Land Use and Facilities Management Department.
- RESOLUTION - Alexander Ubry appointed temporary, as needed Seasonal Laborer, Roads and Bridges Division, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Daniel LaFevre appointed temporary, as needed Seasonal Laborer, Roads and Bridges Division, Public Works Dept.
- RESOLUTION - Zoe Narvaez appointed temporary, as needed Seasonal Lab Assistant, Mosquito Control, Health Services Division, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for bids for County Bid #2014-16, for Advertising for The LINK buses.
- RESOLUTION - Approving entering into a contract with Edmunds & Associates, for a software package for comprehensive financial government accounting.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the discharge of mortgage for Christine Dey.
- RESOLUTION - Approving speed limits along County Route 611 (South Main Street), from US 202 (St. Hwy. 31), to State Highway 12, in Raritan Township and Flemington Borough.
- RESOLUTION - Approving plans and specifications for the Sidewalk Improvements at various locations, throughout the County.
- RESOLUTION - Approving plans and specifications for the Truck Bay Extension, at the Traffic Maintenance Building, in Raritan Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Memorandum of Understanding between the New Jersey Department of Human Services and the Hunterdon County Department of Human Services, regarding the administration of New Jersey’s Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Programs.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Local Arts Awards for 2014, through the Cultural and Heritage Commission.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with the New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, for transportation services for veterans, through The LINK, in the amount of $15,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for the Multi-Jurisdictional County Gang, Gun and Narcotics Task Force Grant, in the amount of $44,551.
- Del-Val Cheer Boosters, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss, on Sunday, September 28, 2014, from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m., at Bridge Street in Milford; at the Intersection of County Routes 519 and 619; and in front of the Milford Fire Company.
- Amwell Valley Fire Company, requesting permission to close a portion of Wertsville Road, on Saturday, September 06, 2014, during the Sixteenth Annual Harvest Festival.
XII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSION
(Reconvene if necessary)