Approved Meeting Minutes for February 18, 2014
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
FEBRUARY 18, 2014
Public Notice - Change in Regular Meeting Time
3:30 P.M. Executive Session
5:30 P.M. Open Session
(COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET)
I. 3:30 p.m.
CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before February 12, 2014, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Rotary International for its more than 108 years of service.
VII. FOR DISCUSSION
- To discuss a Service and Occupancy Agreement for a County structure.
VIII. PURCHASING, John Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #27027, using NJSA 40A:11-5(1)DD, with Queues Enforth Development, for software maintenance, for Emergency Services, in the Public Safety and Health Services Department, in the amount of $51,393.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #27036, using State Contract #A-70256, with Dell, for maintenance of Emergency Services equipment, in the Public Safety and Health Services Department, in the amount of $48,676.32.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2013-22, for County Route 579 (Section l) and County Route 614 (Section II) at Hickory Super-elevated Curve Resurfacing at County Route 614 (Section III) Situated in Alexandria and Union Townships, to Black Rock Enterprises, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $151,308.27.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the extension of County Bid #2012-23, to conduct Hazardous Waste Clean Up Days, with MXI Environmental Services (Maumee Express Inc.), for a second year, in an amount not to exceed $56,697.
IX. FARMLAND/OPEN SPACE PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a development easement from Elanor Hahola, the Estate of Frank Hahola Sr., Executrix Frank Hajola Jr. and Margaret Hahola, on Block 11, Lot 12, (Hahola North Farm), in Alexandria Township, estimated 49 acres, (SADC-$244,020; County-$81,340; Township-$81,340), total amount of $406,700.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a development easement from Elanor Hahola, the Estate of Frank Hahola Sr., Executrix Frank Hajola Jr. and Margaret Hahola, on Block 16, Lot 13, (Hahola South Farm), in Alexandria Township, estimated 15 acres, (SADC-$83,700; County-$27,900; Township-$27,900), total amount of $139,500.
X. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update on various road and bridge projects.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated February 18, 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Rebecca Lunger, Registered Environmental Health Specialist, Division of Public Health, Public Safety and Health Services Department, increase in hours.
- RESOLUTION - Greg Vaccarino appointed provisional, part time Public Health Inspector, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Carol Dvoor appointed full time, unclassified Director of Housing, Division of Housing, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Longevity payments for employees covered under the AFSCME bargaining agreement.
- RESOLUTION - Salary and longevity payment for the employee covered under the Superior Officers bargaining agreement (FOP #94), in the Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Longevity for unclassified employees in the County.
- RESOLUTION - Longevity payments for employees covered under the CWA Supervisory bargaining agreement.
- RESOLUTION - Longevity payments for employees covered under the CWA Non-Supervisory bargaining unit.
- RESOLUTION - Longevity for employees covered under the Division of Corrections bargaining agreement (FOP Lodge #133).
- RESOLUTION - Christopher Sorrentino appointed on an as needed basis, as a Fire School Instructor (Level 1), in the Division of Emergency Services, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Richard Dziminski appointed on an as needed basis, as a Fire School Instructor (Level 2), in the Division of Emergency Services, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Gregory Badini appointed permanent, full time Family Service Worker, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the reappointment of Braydon Fahey as unclassified, full time County Emergency Management Coordinator, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Francis Veneziale appointed full time, Public Safety Telecommunicator, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Agent to solicit bids for County Bid #2014-03, for Structural Steel and for County Bid #2014-04, for Steel Beam Guide Rail.
- RESOLUTION - Approving state contract #14APKC, with the State Department of Human Services, in the amount of $38,037, to administer the Personal Assistance Services Program.
- RESOLUTION - Urging that legislation be drafted, introduced and passed extending the “cap” for police and fire contract disputes.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the reappointment of Robert Wise to the Raritan Valley Community College Board of Trustees.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Nancy Brown to the Mental Health Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Nicole Sautner to the Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Addiction.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the County Clerk and the Board of Elections be permitted to utilize the Hunterdon County Democrat for public and legal notices in accordance with Title 19.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2014 State/Community Partnership and Family Court Appropriations Award from the Juvenile Justice Commission, amount of $282,056.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application from the State Department of Community Affairs, in the amount of $1,706, to support the county welfare agency’s administration of the Low Income Heating and Energy Assistance Program.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for funds from the National Association of County and City Health Officials for participation in the Medical Reserve Corps, for Capacity Building Awards grant, in the amount of $3,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subcontract for the 2014 Subregional Transportation Program with the New Jersey Institute of Technology and the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, Inc., in the amount of $51,904 and a County Match of $12,976, (total amount of $64,880).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application for the Resurfacing, Reconstruction and Storm Water Safety Improvements, to County Route 513, in Alexandria Township and Frenchtown Borough.
- Girls on the Run, requesting permission to use the County’s Main Street parking area, the Court Street Park and the steps at the Historic Court House, on Sunday, June 01, 2014, starting at 3:30 p.m. for registration until the end of the awards ceremony. Also seeking permission for the placement of port-a-johns and the use of electricity.
- Thomas Jones, requesting permission to provide a memorial bench in honor of his father, to be placed where directed by the Parks and Recreation Division of Hunterdon County.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)