TENTATIVE AGENDA - revised 12/16/14
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2014
4:00 P.M. Convene Executive Session
5:30 P.M. Convene Public Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2014, to the Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, Express Times and the HC News (online), newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda)
V. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz, Superintendent
- Nursing Student Introduction.
- Grant partnership.
VI. FINANCE, Beth Schermerhorn, Finance Officer
- RESOLUTION - Approving transfers between appropriations.
VII. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #27391, using State Contract #A83925, with Century Link, for 911 answering equipment, for Emergency Services Division, Department of Public Safety and Health Services, in the amount of $75,667.63.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2014-22, for a 48 month Lease for Golf Carts at Heron Glen Golf Course, with E-Z-Go Textron, in an amount not to exceed $272,952 for a four year period ($68,238 per year).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2014-29, to furnish and deliver Wide Area Vibratory Compactor or approved equal, with Penn Jersey Machinery, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $29,985.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Quote #0076-2014, for professional engineering design consulting services, for the Hunterdon County Scour Countermeasure Design and Permitting program, to Malick & Scherer, PC, in an amount not to exceed $96,480.
- RESOLUTION - Approving County Quote #0059-2014, for professional architectural/engineering design services to provide a Master Planning Design and Cost Estimate Services, for a new Emergency Services Training Center, in Franklin Township, to Clark, Caton & Hintz, in an amount not to exceed $98,340.
VIII. PUBLIC WORKS, Thomas Mathews
- Update of various County roads and bridges.
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated December 16, 2014.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of November 06, 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Corey Fischer appointed unclassified, full time Sheriff’s Investigator, Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Gregory Martoccio appointed unclassified, full time Confidential Aide, Buildings and Maintenance Division, Department of Land Use and Facilities Management.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, to County Bid #2013-08, for Bunker Renovations at Heron Glen Golf Course, with Earthworks, Inc., increase of $57,454.08.
- RESOLUTION - Urging the State of New Jersey reauthorize the Transportation Trust Fund to address the needs of New Jersey’s counties and local governments.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with KBD Associates, to provide Health Officer services for the period of January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015, in an amount not to exceed $61,200.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a weight limit on County Bridge Z-2, on Central Street, in Lebanon Borough.
ADDED ITEMS (12/16/14):
- RESOLUTION - Approving a settlement agreeement with Lori Leggett.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a settlement aggrement with individuals in the Emergency Services Division.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Forrest Christian Terpe, for having attained the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Deborah Hirt for having served on the Parks and Open Space Advisory Committee.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing December 2014 as “The County of Hunterdon’s Food Drive Month” and placing collection bins at various County buildings for food donations.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Senior Citizen and Disabled Resident Transportation Assistance Agreement with New Jersey Transit, for 2015, in the amount of $341,016 (State Casino Revenue funding), to provide operating, capital and administrative costs for transportation services through the County’s Consolidated Transportation System, (The LINK).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant Agreement with the Voorhees Regional Alliance, in the amount of $22,852.
XII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIV> EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)