A COMPLETE COPY OF THE SEPTEMBER 3, 2013 BOARD MINUTES ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street - 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
SEPTEMBER 03, 2013
4:00 pm - CONVENE IN EXECUTIVE SESSION
5:30 PM - OPEN SESSION
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2013, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. LEGAL SERVICES OF NORTHWEST JERSEY
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Legal Services of Northwest Jersey on their 10th Anniversary.
VI. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #Sheriff.1668, using NJ State Contract #A-81295, with Lawmen Supply Company, for firearms, for the Sheriff’s Office, in the amount of $3,880.52.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2013-12, to furnish and deliver 87 Octane Gasoline, to Rachles/ Michele’s Oil Co., Inc., in an amount not to exceed $812,146.50, for a two year contract.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2013-15, to purchase replacement maintenance equipment for use at Heron Glen Golf Course, to Storr Tractor Company, in an amount not to exceed $169,463.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2013-19, to hunt on Block 6, Lots 44, 49 and 49.02, in Holland Township, to Farmer’s Sportman Club, amount to be received by the County $5,387.87.
- RESOLUTION - Approving modification #2, to the professional services agreement with Cherry, Weber & Associates, Inc., for the reconstruction of County Route 519/Warren Glen Hill Climbing Lane, in Holland Twp., additional amount of $43,571.27.
VII. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
VIII. SOLID WASTE & RECYCLING SERVICES
IX. COUNTY COUNSEL, Shana L. Taylor
- Update on the County’s Policy Manual.
X. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated September 03, 2013.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of August 20, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Jena Stevens appointed provisional, full time Program Development Specialist in Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Michelle Cerveny appointed provisional, full time Senior Engineer, Engineering Services Division, of the Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Tara Harvey appointed permanent, full time Keyboarding Clerk, Housing Services Division in Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the distribution of alcoholic beverage at South County Park on September 28, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Approving appointments representing Hunterdon County on the New Jersey Association of Counties, Board of Directors, for 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to the 2012 Clergyman’s professional services agreement with the Reverend David Errickson, to serve as Jail Chaplain, in an amount not to exceed $15,600, on a month to month basis through March 31, 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a charge order for County Bid #2010-21, for resurfacing and safety improvements to County Routes 523 and 517, in Readington and Tewksbury Townships, with English Paving Co., decrease of $285,746.82.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Regina Desvernine for having served on the Solid Waste Advisory Council.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Victim of Crime Act (VOCA) grant application in the amount of $105,278 (Federal $84,222; County Match $21,056).
- SAFE in Hunterdon, requesting permission to use the historic Court House steps, electrical outlets, podium, microphone and speakers, tables and chairs, for their annual Candlelight Vigil, on Wednesday, October 02, 2013, from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)