A COMPLETE COPY OF THE DECEMBER 03, 2013 BOARD MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street - 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2013
I. 4:00 p.m.
CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2013, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz
VI. DIVISION OF CORRECTIONS, PUBLIC SAFETY and HEALTH SERVICES DEPARTMENT, George F. Wagner
- Presentation - Correction Officer of the Year.
VII. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Matthews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
VIII. SMALL CITIES COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, Frank Bell
- To discuss a conflict of interest.
IX. DIVISION OF SOLID WASTE/RECYCLING, DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND HEALTH SERVICES, Alan Johnson
- Issues related to Republic Services of New Jersey, LLC, River Road Facility.
- Administrative changes to the Hunterdon County Recycling Plan regarding notification of recycling requirements.
- Request to extend the 2009 Bonus, 2010 and 2011 Recycling Enhancement Act Tax Entitlement Grant.
- To discuss a 2014 schedule for the Solid Waste/Recycling Program activities.
- To discuss the 3rd Quarter Municipal Recycling Monitoring Reports.
- To discuss the Solid Waste tonnage through the Transfer Station.
- To discuss a possible Transfer Station, Saturday residential clean-up program modifications.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated December 17, 2013.
- 0Motion to approve the regular session minutes of November 19, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Tom Mathews, Director of Public Works, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Kenneth Sutphen appointed provisional, full time Equipment Operator, Division of Roads and Bridges, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Patrick Sullivan, part time Security Guard, Sheriff’s Office, hours increased to 25 per week.
- RESOLUTION - Lori Liggett, Library Clerk Driver, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Federal Change Order #2, for County Bid #2012-25, for the Rehabilitation of County Bridge D-300, on Rosemont-Raven Rock Road, in Delaware Township, with Rencor, Inc., increase of $3,125.60.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional agreement with KBD Associates, for public health communicable disease services, as part of the Local Core Capacity, for Public Health Emergency Preparedness Grant, in the amount of $28,200.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing January 01, 2014 as the official beginning of Hunterdon County’s Tricentennial celebration.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Michael Sidler for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Banton Heithoff for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Daniel Higbee for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Thomas Koester for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Benjamin Kurzrock for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing William Saulsky for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing John Tweedie for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2013 federal subgrant award, in the amount of $150,000, from the New Jersey State Police, Office of Emergency Management, for the Hazard Mitigation Grant.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the 2014 County Environmental Health Act Grant (CEHA), in the amount of $258,000 ($129,000 in state funds and $129,000 as a County Match).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the renewal of the SANE/SART (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner/Sexual Assault Response Team) grant, in the amount of $71,031 ($56,825 in federal funds and $14,206 as a County Match).
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)