A COMPLETE COPY OF THE DECEMBER 03, 2013 BOARD MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street - 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 03, 2013
3:00 pm - TOWN HALL MEETING-RT 31 COUNTY COMPLEX, SENIOR CENTER-PUBLIC NOTICE
4:15 pm - CONVENE IN EXECUTIVE SESSION
5:30 PM - OPEN SESSION
I. 3:00 p.m.
CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before October 31, 2013, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. TOWN HALL MEETING– Route 31 County Complex, Senior Center
RECESS 4:00 p.m.
RECONVENE OPEN SESSION AT THE FREEHOLDERS' MEETING ROOM, MAIN STREET, COUNTY COMPLEX
III. 4:15 p.m. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
IV. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. TRICENTENNIAL COMMITTEE
VII. POLYTECH, Dr. Kim Metz
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2013 budget, for the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP), in the amount of $51,904.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2013 budget, for the Local Government Capacity Grant, in the amount of $30,016.57.
IX. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving transfers between certain 2013 Accounts
- RESOLUTION -Approving a development easement from William H. Kappus and Diane M. Kappus, Block 18, Lot 47, in Alexandria Township, estimated 16.5 acres, (SADC- $77,962.50; County - $24,131.25; Township -$24,131.25); total amount of $126,225.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a development easement from Harrie E. Copeland, III and Cheryl W. Copeland, Block 39, Lot 3, in Delaware Township, estimated 74.407 acres, (SADC-$457,893.71; County-$0; Township-$0; FRPP-$481,741.19); total amount of $939,634.90.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Open Space Municipal Grant Application with Holland Township, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, for the Diocese of Metuchen tract, Block 6, Lots 1.02 and 1.03, totaling an estimated 157.5 acres, in the amount of $37,623.38.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Open Space Municipal Grant Application with Lambertville City, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, for Block 1097, Lot 7.01 and Block 1002, Lot 64, totaling an estimated 6.75 acres, in the amount of $182,090.83
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Open Space Municipal Grant Application with West Amwell Township, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, for the Wooden tract, Block 29, Lot 16, totaling an estimated 42.51 acres, in the amount of $16,904.64.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the submittal of a County Wastewater Management Plan for Frenchtown Borough, to the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
X. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #PROS.793589, using County Quote #0076-2013 and NJ Attorney General Bid Waiver, with Ditschman Flemington Ford, for undercover vehicles, for the Prosecutor’s Office, in the amount of $39,907.
XI. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
XII. LAND USE AND FACILITIES MANAGEMENT, Frank Bell
- To discuss vacancies in the Buildings and Maintenance Division of the Land Use and Facilities Management.
XIII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated December 03, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a revised resolution, reducing the hours of Paul Approvato, full time, unclassified Prosecutor’s Agent, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a revised resolution, reducing the hours of Katherine Terhune, full time, Detective Trainee, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a revised resolution, reducing the hours of Bradley Winfield, full time, Detective Trainee, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Federal Change Order, #2, for the Reconstruction of County Bridge F-45, on White Bridge Road, in Franklin Township, time extension.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Federal Change Order, for a time extension, for County Bid #2012-29, for the Rehabilitation of County Bridge RQ-179, on Stanton Station Road, in Raritan and Readington Townships, with Interstate Contracting and Excavating, LLC.
- RESOLUTION -Approving an amendment to the professional services agreement with Florio & Kenny, LLP, to serve as a hearing officer in employee discipline matters, increase of $20,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to the professional services agreement with Cleary, Giacobbe, Alfieri & Jacobs, LLC, for employee relations, labor matters and associated tasks, increase of $25,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the solicitation of bids for County Bid #2013-24, for a 2014 Hoff Lift Truck for the Public Works’ Department and for County Bid #2013-25, for Maintenance and Repair Materials.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a joint agreement with the U.S. Department of the Interior, for the a Geological Survey, for the maintenance of the Neshanic River Gauge, for the Heron Glen Golf Course, in the amount of $1,700.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional dental services agreement for inmates detained at the Hunterdon County Correctional Facility, with Dentrust Optimized Care Solutions, d/b/a Dentrust Dental, PA, in the amount of $31,200 per year for a three year period.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with Matthew Giacobbe, Esquire, of Cleary, Giacobbe, Alfieri & Jacobs, LLC, for 2014, for labor counsel services, in the amount of $95,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to the Request for Proposal #0018-2012, for the renewal of an agreement with the Hunterdon County YMCA, for 2014, in the amount of $38,212.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to the Request for Proposal #0018-2012, for the renewal of an agreement with the Legal Services of Northwest Jersey, Inc., for 2014, in the amount of $14,040.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to the Request for Proposal #0018-2012, for the renewal of an agreement with Hunterdon Helpline, Inc., for 2014, in the amount of $15,185.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Modification #2, to the Social Services for the Homeless program, Contract #SH13010, for additional funds of $3,688, to be used toward emergency housing or prevention services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the plans and specifications for the Realignment of Pennsylvania Avenue Extension, in Raritan Township and authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for bids.
- RESOLUTION - Urging the States of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and the City of New Jersey to revisit the Consent Decree of 1954 which addresses matters regarding the management of reservoirs belonging to the City of New York, to petition the Supreme Court of the United States to revisit said decree and amend same so that the level of water in the reservoirs under the jurisdiction that impact the Delaware River shall be at or below the 90% level at all time, mitigating flooding situations.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application for a Health Services Grant, for 2014, with the New Jersey Department of Human Services reflecting $243,783 in state funds and a County match of $31,610; and approving and recommending for submitted the Comprehensive Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Services Plan Update for 2013.
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)