A COMPLETE COPY OF THE APRIL 16, 2013 BOARD MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
TENTATIVE AGENDA (updated 04/16/2013 at 1:30pm)
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building
71 Main Street - 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
APRIL 16, 2013
Convene 4:00 pm
Executive Session 4:00 pm
Open Session 5:30 pm
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2013, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. FINANCE, Kim Browne
- PUBLIC HEARING - To establish a CAP bank.
- Motion to consider the introduction of the 2013 County Budget.
VI POLYTECH, Kim Metz, Superintendent
- RESOLUTION - Supporting the Hunterdon County Vocational - Technical School, known as Polytech, at the New Jersey Association of Counties 2nd Annual County-Vocational Technical School Cook-Off Challenge.
VII. HUNTERDON COUNTY SOLID WASTE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- Presentation of SWAC’s new updated website.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Keith Kiskel, to represent Alexandria Township, on the Solid Waste Advisory Council.
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Grant Program application, at the recommendation of the Open Space Advisory Committee, with High Bridge Borough, in connection with the acquisition of the Lake Solitude property, in the amount of $11,598.20.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with Readington Township, (Toll Property), consisting of 26.755 acres, Block 94, Lot 17, (SADC-$232,768.50; County-$77,589.50; Township-$77,589.50); total amount of $387,947.50.
IX. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2013-05, for Columbia and Landsdown Trail Improvements, to Earthworks, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $233,040.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification #3, to the professional services agreement with Cherry, Weber and Associates, P.C., for engineering design services in connection with the reconstruction of County Bridge F-45, on Whitebridge Road, over the Cakepoulin Creek, in Franklin Township, increase of $36,464; new not to exceed amount of $248,411.
X. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- West Amwell Township requesting to use the County’s Fuel Depot.
- PROCLAMATION – Recognizing April 26, 2013 as Arbor Day.
XI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- To discuss the County’s Vehicle Policy to address out of state trip requests.
- To discuss Donated Sick Leave.
XII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated April 16, 2013.
- Motion to approve the minutes of April 02, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Approving temporary, seasonal Recreation Leaders, in the Parks and Recreation Division, of the Land Use and Facilities Management Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a provider service agreement modification with the Hunterdon County YMCA, for services for the period of 2013, at an amount of $8,100.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a provider service agreement modification with the Institute for Medication Access and Compliance, for services for the period of 2013, at an amount of $21,060.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a provider service agreement modification with the North Hunterdon Regional High School District, for services for the period of 2013, at an amount of $5,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a provider service agreement modification with Briteside Adult Day Services, for services for the period of 2013, at an amount of $21,936.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Shared Services Agreement with Sussex County for Health Officer Services, for 2013, in the amount of $28,000.
- RESOLUTION - Reappointing Glenn Duncan to the Human Services Advisory Council.
- RESOLUTION - Reappointing Diane Clapp to the Human Services Advisory Council.
- RESOLUTION - Reappointing Cynthia Good to the Human Services Advisory Council.
- RESOLUTION - Appointing Robert Caulkins to the Transportation Advisory Committee.
- RESOLUTION - Appointing Victoria Miller to the Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- RESOLUTION - Appointing J. Matthew Holt to the Raritan Valley Community College Board of School Estimate.
- RESOLUTION - Approving salaries for individuals covered under the FOP #186, (Prosecutor’s Detectives), for 2012.
- RESOLUTION - Approving salaries for individuals covered under the FOP #186, (Prosecutor’s Detectives), for 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subgrant award from the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, for the Victims of Crime Act, in the amount of $58,973.00 (Federal funds: $47,178; County Match: $11,795).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant Agreement with the North Hunterdon Regional Alliance, in the amount of $14,700.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant Agreement with the Central Hunterdon Alliance, in the amount of $31,400.
- XIV PROCLAMATION
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring April 14 - 20, 2013 as National Public Safety Telecommunicators’ Week, in Hunterdon County.
- Flemington-Raritan First Aid & Rescue Squad, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss event in May 2013.
- High Bridge Emergency Squad, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss, on Saturday, May 11, 2013, from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., in front of their headquarters on West Main Street, in High Bridge.
- Milford Fire Company, Inc., requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss, on Saturday, May 04, 2013, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., in front of the firehouse on Water Street, at the intersection of County Routes 519 and 619, and on the Jersey side of Bridge Street.
- Delaware Township, asking permission for a road closure (County Route 604 between County Rout 523 and Rittenhouse Road) for a Block Party for Delaware Township’s 175th Birthday, on Saturday, June 15, 2013, from 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Readington Township, request to use a portion of County Route 523, on Monday, May 27, 2013, as part of a parade route during their Memorial Day Parade.
- Oldwick Fire Company, requesting permission to use the parking area of the Cold Brook Reserve, as a staging area for its 75th Anniversary Parade, on Saturday, June 01, 2013. Also asking to place a port-a-john in the area.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)