A COMPLETE COPY OF THE MAY 15, 2012 MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
(NOTE LOCATION CHANGE FOR PORTION OF OPEN SESSION)
TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
4:00 p.m. Convene - Executive Session, County Administration Building
5:30 pm - Open Session, Historic County Court House, Main Street for Cultural & Heritage Presentation
in Open Session - County Administration Building
3:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 03, 2012, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
5:30 p.m. RECONVENE - OPEN SESSION - HISTORIC COURT HOUSE
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. CULTURAL & HERITAGE, Stephanie Stevens, Chairperson
- Presentation of Essay Awards for “Most Historic Place in my Town”.
RECONVENE – OPEN SESSION - MAIN STREET COUNTY COMPLEX
VI. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Director and Margaret Pasqua, Treasurer
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the establishment of funds in the County Budget for the Hunterdon County Utilities Authority.
- Introduction of the 2012 County Budget.
VII. FARMLAND/PLANNING, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving of a Contract for Sale of Development Easement, from Hill and Dale Farms, Inc., on Block 38, Lot 1.05, Tewksbury Township, consisting of 43 acres, (SADC - $387,000; County - $107,500; Township - $0; FRPP - $150,500), total amount of $645,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Open Space Trust coordinator, a request bo the D&R Greenway Land Trust, Inc. to convey its 20% interest in Block 27, Lots 53 and 53.01, (n/f Lang Parcel), in East Amwell Township, to the Township after closing.
VIII. PURCHASING, John Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #CountyClerk.1411, with Sky Printing, for primary ballots, for the County Clerk’s Office, in the amount of $71,824.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #IT.3472, using State Contract #A-77560, with Software House International, for software maintenance, for Information Services, in the amount of $13,230.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #IT.3473, using State Contract #A-77560, with Software House International, for replacement software, for Information Services, in the amount of $18,546.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #26118, through GSA Contract #GS-35F-0692P, with Everbridge, for the Citizens Alert System, for the Public Safety Department, in the amount of $18,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40030120, using State Contract #A-53804, with Motorola, for radios, for Roads and Bridges, in the amount of $33,622.25.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2012-03, for the First Responder Notification System, to Emergency Services Marketing Corporation, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $80,373.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2012-08, to furnish and deliver Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel, to the County, to Rachles/Michele’s Oil Co., Inc., in an amount not to exceed $2,703,000 for a three year period.
IX. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
X. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
XI. FOR DISCUSSION
- Outside Employment Policy for the Sheriff’s Office.
XII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the Claims Register dated May 15, 2012.
- Motion to approve the budget session minutes of March 27, 2012 and the regular session minutes of April 03, 2012.
- RESOLUTION - Jennifer Pfurr appointed provisional, part time Public Health Nurse Bilingual, Division of Public Health Nursing, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Geoffrey Underhill appointed temporary, seasonal Recreation Leader (Canoe Staff), Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Dave Clapp appointed temporary, seasonal Recreation Leader (Canoe Staff), Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Gene Robbins appointed temporary, seasonal Recreation Leader (Canoe Staff), Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - John Langley appointed temporary, seasonal Recreation Leader (Canoe Staff), Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Francis Duggan appointed temporary, seasonal Recreation Leader (Canoe Staff), Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Lauren Lynn appointed temporary, seasonal Recreation Leader (Summer Camp), Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Emma Scheick appointed temporary, seasonal Recreation Leader (Summer Camp), Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Tamela Buza appointed temporary, when and as needed, Clerk, Surrogate’s Court.
- RESOLUTION - Aaron Culton appointed temporary, part time, Assistant Counsel, County Counsel’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Designating “Through Streets” and “Stop” intersections effecting County Route 579, in the Townships of Alexandria, Bethlehem, Franklin, Raritan, Union and West Amwell and the Borough of Bloomsbury.
- RESOLUTION - Designating “Through Streets” and “Stop” intersections effecting County Route 614, in the Townships of Alexandria, Holland and Union.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a Red Light Permit, upon the recommendation of the Public Safety Director, to Gary Habelitz, Chief Medical Investigator, County Medical Examiner’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a Red Light Permit, upon the recommendation of the Public Safety Director, to Robert Kozarek, Deputy Chief Medical Investigator, County Medical Examiner’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a property damage release with Republic Services and Greg Jusinski, amount to be paid to the County is $2,099.54.
- RESOLUTION - Amendment to Overtime Reporting Policy.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Gerhardt W. Gerckens for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- Flemington Rotary, Lynn Hyman, requesting permission to place 2 Port-O-Johns, in the Main Street County Complex parking area, on Sunday, May 20, 2012, during their 4th Annual Bark in the Park Dog Walk. Units would be dropped on Friday, May 18, 2012 and picked up Monday, May 21, 2012.
- The Running Company, is asking permission to use and if possible close Readington Road, from 42nd Street to Thor Solberg Road, (if not feasible, a runners lane will be coned off), on Sunday, October 21, 2012, from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 a.m.
- East Whitehouse Fire Department, requesting permission to hold their 12th Annual Coin Toss, on Saturday, July 28, 2012 and Sunday, July 29, 2012, at the intersection of County Route 523 and Route 22.
- Franklin Township Committee, requesting permission to close Quakertown Road between Pittstown Road and Locust Grove Road, on Saturday, June 16, 2012, between 3:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., as the Quakertown Fire Company will be hosting an event to benefit Wounded Warriors.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)