A COMPLETE COPY OF JULY 17, 2012 MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder's Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, JULY 17, 2012
Convene 4:00 pm - Executive Session
5:30 pm - Open Public Session
3:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 03, 2012, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. POLYTECH, Kim Metz, Superintendent
- Early Childhood Development Program
VI. NORWESCAP, Terry Newhard
VII. FARMLAND/PLANNING DIVISION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final approval for the acquisition of a development easement, Charles Brown Farm Preservation, known as Block 14, Lot 2 and Block 14, Lot 38, Holland Township, County of Hunterdon, in the following amounts: (SADC - $417,960.00; County - $139,320.00; Township - $139,320.00), total amount of $696,600.
- To discuss a request from Raritan Township asking the County to contribute towards the purchase of the Ewing Property, Block 15, Lot 1, in Raritan Township.
VII. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- To discuss a request for Directional Signaling on County Roads.
IX. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
X. FOR DISCUSSION
- RESOLUTION - Directing every County Division work in concert with their Appointing Authority, Department Manager, Advisory Board(s), Clients and Constituents, to develop a scoping document spelling out the future requirements of that Division to meet the needs of the County’s residents in 2020 and beyond; and this Vision for 2020 be forward to the Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders for use in the proper development of future budgets, capital budgets, durable goods and infrastructure purchases and long range planning.
- Deer Management-Controlled Hunting Program, Proposed changes for 2012/2013 season.
- 805-810-815 departmental justification responses and status of approval requests.
- Sheriff’s Office, Off-Duty Assignments Policy.
- Wescott Preserve Caretaking and Occupancy Agreement with Delaware Township.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.
- Motion to approve the Claims Register dated July 17, 2012.
- RESOLUTION - Mary Mazurkiewicz appointed a provisional, part time, Graduate Nurse, Division of Public Health Services, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Kyle Lick appointed temporary, as needed Seasonal Laborer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #6, for County Bid #2010-29, for Additions/Alterations to the Hunterdon County Records Retention Center, an increase of $3,916.85.
- RESOLUTON - Authorizing Application for payment #12, for County Bid #2010-29, for Additions/Alternations, Hunterdon County Records Retention Center, in the amount of $9,239.24.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing Application for payment #13, for County Bid #2010-29, for Additions/Alternations, Hunterdon County Records Retention Center, in the amount of $35,285.24.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Carol Rickard to the Mental Health Board.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing contracts for the provision of human services, for the Department of Human Services’ Request for Proposal #0039-2011, in the amount of $1,329,205.00, contingent upon funding availability and level of service achievement.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the plans and specifications for Safety Improvements to CR519, Township of Holland and Borough of Milford, County of Hunterdon.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the plans and specifications for CR512 (Main Street) and CR513 (High Bridge-Califon Rd.), Township of Lebanon, Borough of Califon, County of Hunterdon.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of subgrant funds for the County Gang, Gun & Narcotics Task Force Grant, in the amount of $45,673.00, for the period July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a grant application #V-10-11, for the Victim of Crimes Act (VOCA) grant, in the amount of $86,206.00, for the period July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
- Safe in Hunterdon, requesting permission to use the Historic Courthouse Steps, as well as a podium, light, microphones tables and chairs, for the annual Candlelight Vigil for the Clothesline Project, to be held on October 10, 2012, from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- The Running Company, requesting permission for a new date to use Readington Road, from 42nd Street to Thor Solberg Road, between 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on Sunday, December 02, 2012. (previously approved date - October 21, 2012).
- Amwell Valley Fire Company, requesting permission to close Wertsville Road between the Municipal Building and rear entrance to the Firehouse, from 3:30 p.m. until 11:00 p.m., to hold the 14th Annual Harvest Fest, on Sunday, September 08, 2012.
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)