A COMPLETE COPY OF THE AUGUST 07, 2012 MEETING MINUTES IS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, AUGUST 07, 2012
4:00 PM - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 PM - Open Session
II. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 03, 2012, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. POLYTECH, Kim Metz, Superintendent
- PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- Presentation of NJAC awards to Abigail Minchin and Sarah Martin.
V. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #I.T.3518, using State Contract #A-77003, with Dell, for software licenses, for the Division of Information Services, in the amount of $21,278.98.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40030969, using State Contract A-51144, with Canon USA, for a color copier, for the Division of Central Printing, in the amount of $44,763.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #40030969, using State Contract #A-61405, with New Jersey Business Systems, for wireless LAN maintenance, for the Division of Information Services, in the amount of $34,374.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2012-12, for the painting of various bridges, (J-1, E-233, Q-11 and I-3-W), to Allied Painting, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $354,000.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2012-15, to furnish and deliver Long Life Traffic Stripe Epoxy, to Epoplex, Division of Stoncor Group, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $61,875.
VII. LIBRARY, Mark Titus, Director
- To discuss a staffing proposal for the County Library.
VIII. FOR DISCUSSION
- Status of the implementation of the County’s vehicle policy.
- Flemington-Raritan Regional School District requesting In-Kind Printing services.
- Request to fill a vacancy in the Human Services Department, Social Services Division.
- Request to refill a vacancy in the Land Use and Facilities Management Department. (Park Ranger).
X. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
XI. SHARED SERVICES PRESENTATION
XII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the Claims Register dated August 07, 2012.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of May 01, 2012, May 15, 2012, June 05, 2012, June 19, 2012 and July 17, 2012.
- RESOLUTION - Kevin Barile appointed temporary, as needed seasonal Laborer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Frank Della Serra appointed unclassified, full time Undersheriff,
- RESOLUTION - Approving contractual salary increases for the CWA Supervisory Contract.
- RESOLUTION - Approving longevity payments for employees covered under the Prosecutor’s Investigator’s contract for 2012.
- RESOLUTION - Approving longevity payments for employees covered under the Prosecutor’s Sergeants contract for 2012.
- RESOLUTION - Approving merit-based salary increases for unclassified and non-contractual employees for 2011.
- RESOLUTION - Bryan Manning granted a transfer to the position of Road Repairer, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Inter-County Agreement with Mercer County, for the Reconstruction of Inter-County Bridge E-140-M, on County Route 518, in East Amwell Township, and Hopewell Township in Mercer County, in the amount of $581,988 (using 1999 Bridge Bond funding).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Discharge of Mortgage for Irene Honachefsky, Block 68, Lot 7, in Clinton Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Discharge of Mortgage for Estelle Bevis, Block 27, Lot 73 (1), in East Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Discharge of Mortgage for Estelle Bevis, Block 27, Lot 73 (2), in East Amwell Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Christine Hammerstone to the Transportation Advisory Committee.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Change Order #1, for County Bid 2012-24, for the Addition and Fuel Island upgrade at the Everittstown Garage, with Tekton Development Corp., increase of $4,246.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Black Fly Surveillance Contract with Millersville University for 2012, in the amount of $9,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Warren County for the painting of InterCounty Bridge #07018/#I-3-W, on Route 579, Church Street over the Musconetcong River. (Bids to be taken.)
- RESOLUTION - Approving a participation agreement with Direct Install, for the Route 12 County Complex, (contractor Donnelly Solutioins), in the amount of $50,801.06 (grant funding $35,560.74 and County funding $15,240.32), for the installation of energy efficiency measures.
- RESOLUTION - Recognizing Adam Kowalski for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the amendment to the 2013 Senior Citizens and Disabled Residents Transportation Assistance Program application and resolution with New Jersey Transit, increase of grant dollars to the County of $50,517.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the submission of an application jointly with Sussex County, to the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, for the provision of Local Core Capacity for Public Health Emergency Preparedness Grant funds, for the period of August 10, 2012 to June 30, 2013, in the amount of $625,680 (funding for Sussex - $313,445 and funding for Hunterdon County - $312,235.)
- Kingwood Township Volunteer Fire Co. #1, requesting permission for a Coin Toss on October 13, 2012, from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., at the intersection of County Route 519 and State Route 12.
- SAFE in Hunterdon, requesting permission to use the historic Court House on May 31, 2013, June 02, 2013 and June 14, 2013, for a fundraiser. An Evening of Art, Wine and Jazz would have a tent in front of the building for wine, cheese and a jazz ensemble with the 2nd floor of the Court House being used for an Art Auction. Local artists work would be on display on the first floor in the several rooms which are available.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)