A complete copy of the August 03, 2010 Meeting Minutes will be available for review once approved by the Board
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Hunterdon County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room
71 Main Street, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
August 03, 2010 - 5:00 pm
4:30 p.m. Hunterdon County Utilities Authority Meeting
I. 5:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 21, 2010, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 6:00 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV . PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. FINANCE, Kim Browne, Director and Margaret Pasqua, Treasurer
- PUBLIC HEARING - Capital Ordinance No. 8-10, Authorizing the cooperative acquisition of real property for Open Space, Park and Recreation purposes, in the amount of $1,750,000.00.
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the County Budget, for the Subregional Transportation Planning Program, in the amount of $51,904.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Ernest Gurke for volunteer services in the Surrogate’s Court.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Rachel Puelle for volunteer Internship in the Surrogate’s Court.
VII. RARITAN VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- PRESENTATION - Proposed Campus Construction
VIII. PLANNING/FARMLAND, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Contract for Sale of Development Easement, from Readington Township (Holland Brook Farm), on Block 53, Lot 5.02, estimated 23.328 acres, (SADC-$244,944; County-$81,648; Township-$81,648), total amount of $408,240.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal/County Cost Sharing Agreement with Readington Township, on the Holland Brook Farm, Block 53, Lot 5.02.
- Distribution of Final Draft of the Policies and Procedures for Open Space, Farmland and Historic Preservation. Discussion at future Board of Chosen Freeholder meeting.
IX. PURCHASING, John Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #25107, using State Contract #A-69907, with United Telephone of NJ d/b/a CenturyLink, for 911 equipment maintenance, for the Division of Communications, Public Safety Department, in the amount of $49,115.76.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the award of County Bid #2010-17, for the Reconstruction of County Bridge R-123 and approach roadway of Holland Brook Road, over the Holland Brook, in Readington Township, to Kalogridis Contracting, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $517,769.
X. ROADS, BRIDGES AND ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- Request from North Hunterdon Rotary Club to borrow safety equipment from the Road Department for its 24th annual Skylands Triathlon, on Sunday, September 12, 2010.
XI. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
- In-Kind print request from Alexandria Township.
- Logisticare and proposal from Easton Coach.
XII. PARKS AND RECREATION, John Trontis, Director
- Continue discussion on the request from Camp Dill Foundation to build required septic system on easement, Block 41, Lot 4, Clinton Township and Block 4.07, Lot 7, in High Bridge Borough.
XIII. FOR DISCUSSION
- Request from Information Services for continued membership in the GMIS International, Requisition #3192.
- Requisition #CountyClerk.1245, for the Constitutional Officers Association of New Jersey Conference; requesting the Deputy County Clerk also attend; in the amount of $750.
- North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority (NJTPA), Sustainable Communities Regional Grant Program.
XIV. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion approving claims for Claims Register dated August 03, 2010.
- Motion to approve the Social Services Funds Report for July, 2010.
- RESOLUTION - Salary adjustment for Michael Balboa for acting as a supervisor, in the Buildings and Maintenance Dept.
- RESOLUTION - Approving salaries for unclassified, non-contractual Department Manager’s Association employees.
- RESOLUTION - Approving application for payment #6, FINAL, for County Quote 0120-2004, for restoration and repair for the Hall of Records, with Watertrol, Inc., in the amount of $4,527.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the release of a cash performance bond, to Barbieri Builders Corp., in the amount of $500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving No Passing Zones at Nielsons Corner-Mechlins Corner Road, (County Route 625), in Alexandria and Union Townships.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Speed Limits along Flemington-Whitehouse Road, (County Route 523), in Raritan, Readington and Tewksbury Townships.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an unrestricted weight limit on Bridge T-61, on Potterstown Road, in Tewksbury Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an unrestricted weight limit on Bridge R-147, on Old York Road, in Readington Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an unrestricted weight limit on Bridge B-26-W, on Valley Road, in Bethlehem Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Waiver of Recovery Zone Bond Allocation for Recovery Zone Economic Development Bonds (RZEDB’s).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Joanne Kunz, to the Greater Raritan Workforce Investment Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving reappointments to the Professional Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- RESOLUTION - Approving new appointments to the Professional Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Suzanne Rebick, to the Mental Health Board.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Freeholder Director or Deputy Director to execute an extension agreement with the Hunterdon Medical Center to provide Public Health Nursing and Education services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application for State Aid to Counties and Municipalities, for the reconstruction of County Bridge W-124, in West Amwell Township.
XVI. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)