to Freeholder's Main Page
A complete copy of the August 09, 2005 Minutes is available in
Adobe Acrobat Reader format (PDF) when approved.
Main Street County Complex, Second Floor, Flemington, New Jersey
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
August 9, 2005
l. 3:00 p.m.CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 04, 2005, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Lambertville Beacon, The Express, Courier News, Trenton Times, Hunterdon Review and Star Ledger, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. EXECUTIVE SESSION REQUESTS
- To discuss personnel matters.
- To discuss legal matters.
- To discuss land matters.
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the regular and executive session minutes of July 12, 2005 and July 26, 2005.
- Motion approving the payment of all claims as listed on the Claims Register dated August 9, 2005.
- RESOLUTION - Samantha Blessing, appointed unclassified, full time, employee, Elections Department.
- RESOLUTION - Bennet Campoverde, appointed permanent, full time, GIS Specialist 3, Information Technology Department.
- RESOLUTION - Thomas Leone, appointed permanent, full time, Supervisor, Roads Department, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Francis Veneziale, appointed permanent, full time, Deputy Coordinator, Emergency Management, Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Sybill Hernandez, appointed permanent, full time, Sanitary Inspector, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Mia Castellucci, appointed permanent, full time, Sanitary Inspector, Health Department.
- RESOLUTION - Joan Brelsford, appointed permanent, full time, Library Assistant, Library Department.
- RESOLUTION - Erin Seymour, appointed permanent, part time, Library Assistant, Library Department.
- RESOLUTION - Kerri Messinger, appointed provisional, full time, Library Clerk, Library Department.
- RESOLUTION - Donna LaRocca, appointed provisional, full time, Legal Secretary, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Jennifer Wanisko, appointed provisional, full time, Chief Park Naturalist, Parks and Recreation Department.
- RESOLUTION - Tara Kemple, appointed provisional, full time, Social Worker, Aging in the Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Amanda Miklowcis, appointed temporary, as needed, Clerk Transcriber, Information Technology.
- RESOLUTION - Brandon Medine, appointed temporary, as needed, seasonal Laborer, Roads, Bridges and Engineering.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Plans and Specifications for resurfacing County Route 523 in the Townships of Readington and Tewskbury.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a provider service contract with Meals on Wheels in Hunterdon County, Inc., for the purpose of providing nutritious menus to the homebound and disabled, in the amount of $15,500.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Project application and Project Certificate for Payment #15 for renovations and addition to the Route 12 Library, for Rampart Construction, in the amount of $275,380.00.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the rescinding of a fixed weight limit of 3-tons weight limit on County Bridge B-5-W, to an unrestricted weight limit on Valley Station Road, in Franklin and Bethlehem Townships, Counties of Warren and Hunterdon.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the rescinding a fixed weight limit of 12-tons on County Bridge L-25-W, and recommends the fixed weight limit of 6-tons, on Point Mountain Road, in Lebanon Townships, Hunterdon County.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the rescinding a fixed weight limit of 3-tons on County Bridge C-32, and recommends the fixed weight limit of 8-tons, Payne Road, in Clinton Townships, Hunterdon County.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Scott Feltes for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Michale D. Avery for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for Bid #2002-50 to Santos Brothers Co., Inc. for Hunterdon County Park, South, Phase I, East Amwell Township, Hunterdon County, in the amount of $29,542.54.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a renewal agreement with Warren County Juvenile Detention Facility for per diem and medical charges for Hunterdon County detainees for the period of July 1, 2005 through June 30, 2007.
- RESOLUTION – Authorizing a purchase contract with Robert J. Mallin and Giovanna V. Malling, Jams M. Entwistle and Cynthia E. Entwistle and Robert Mallin Jr. for acquisition of lands for public park, recreation and conservation purposes, Block 6, Lot 24, in Holland Township, based on the price of $11,000.00 per acre and a gift component being based on the difference of $17,000.00 per acre and $11,000.00.
V. 4:30 p.m. FINANCE, Charles Balogh, Jr., County Treasurer
- INTRODUCTION – Bond Ordinance #11-05, New Roof and Cornice for the Hall of Records, in the amount of $500,000.00.
VI. PUBLIC SESSION DISCUSSION (NOTE: Limit of 5 minutes per person)
VII. 4:45 p.m. HUNTERDON COUNTY HOUSING CORPORATION
- Public Hearing for a Small Cities Community Development Block Grant application.
VIII. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR, Cynthia J. Yard
- County Update.
IX. PROJECT ADMINISTRATION, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Update on various County facilities and projects.
X. FARMLAND PRESERVATION, Gary Pohorely, Program Administrator
- To discuss Installment Purchase Agreements.
- Correspondence from Richard & Betty Leverton regarding the preservation of the Harrison Farm in East Amwell Township.
- Correspondence from the Township of Delaware requesting consideration of three (3) farms for the PIG Program, Pontecorvo, Timko, and Wiley.
XI. OPEN SPACE, Kevin Richardson, Program Administrator
- Presentation on the Green Acres rules and regulations.
- Review report on the Kanach Farm, property sale, East Amwell Township, Hunterdon County, and to then request approval and authorization to arrange a public hearing.
XII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport, III
- RESOLUTION - Approving requisition #IT2302, with GovConnection, for software, for the Information and Technology Department, in the amount of $9,433.40.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing competitive contracting, for Homemaker-Home Health Services by the Qualified Purchasing Agent, for specialized goods or services.
- RESOLUTION- Approving award of contract to Intercounty Paving Association LLC for resurfacing County Route 512 in Tewksbury Township and the Borough of Califon, in the amount of $706,600.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving award of contract to Aramark Correctional Services for food services and commissary services, for the Corrections Department, in the amount of $644,705.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving award of contract to Easton Coach Company, for road operations function of the Hunterdon County Consolidated Transit System, in the amount of $6,606.513.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to a professional services contract with Dewberry-Goodkind, Inc, to provide engineering services in conjunction with the Readington-Tewksbury TID Route 523 Improvement and reconstruction of Bridge RT-16, increasing the not-to-exceed amount by $82,400.00 for to $422,400.00.
XIII. ROADS, BRIDGES and ENGINEERING, John P. Glynn, Director
- Correspondence from Hunterdon Central Regional High School requesting authorization to paint a crosswalk on Junction Road between the school and the Yale property, for the 2005/2006 school year.
- RESOLUTION – Approving application of FY 2005 Homeland Security Grant, to p rovide funding to prevent, detect, deter, respond to and recover from threats and acts of terrorism, in the amount of $832,222.00 in federal funds for the period of March 10, 2005 to March 31, 2007.
- RESOLUTION – Approving application of 9-1-1 Coordinator Funding Grant, to offset the 9-1-1 Coordinator as well as 9-1-1 for kids program and staff training, in the amount of $25,000.00 in state funds for the period of July 1, 2005 to June 30, 2006.
- RESOLUTION – Approving application of area plan grant for Friendly Visiting for the Division of Senior Services, in the amounts of $386,688.00 in federal funds and $404,926.00 in state funds for the period of January 1, 2005 to December 31, 2005.
- RESOLUTION – Approving application of area plan grant for Telephone Reassurance for the Division of Senior Services, in the amounts of $386,688.00 in federal funds and $404,926.00 in state funds for the period of January 1, 2005 to December 31, 2005.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant renewal for Highway Safety, from the NJ Division of Highway Traffic Safety, for funding for the Kids Are Riding Safe Program, for the period of October 30, 2005 through September 30, 2006, in the amount of $22,650.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant renewal to the State of New Jersey for OETS (Office of Emergency Telecommunications Services) funding for the Office of Emergency Services, Department of Public Safety, in the amount of $25,000.00.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS (continued if necessary)