The Clerk of the Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders keeps records of minutes of the Board's meetings, files of original leases, deeds, contracts, grants, etc. The Clerk is also responsible for maintaining records of official business conducted by the Board of Chosen Freeholders. He acts as liaison between the Freeholders and the public and attests the signature of the Director of the Board on all contracts, agreements, grants, bids, leases, deeds and other official documents on behalf of the Board of Chosen Freeholders.
If anyone wishes to have an item to be discussed
at a Freeholder's meeting, you must do so no later than 4:30 pm on the Monday
proceeding the regularly scheduled meeting. The Board conducts their regular
meetings on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 4:30 pm. Please
check the Freeholder Meeting Calendar to verify scheduled dates of meetings.
COUNTY COLLEGE CHARGEBACKS:
Under provisions of the “Chargeback Assistance Law” (Chapter 179, Public Laws of New Jersey, 1968; N.J.S.A. 18A:64A-23), a person who is a legal resident of a county in New Jersey and attends a County College in another New Jersey County may be eligible to pay In County tuition if:
- A county college is not operating in the student’s county of residence.
- A county college is operating in the student’s county of residence, but the person is not accepted for admission for one of the following easons:
- The course/curriculum (program) is not offered; or
- Enrollment in the course/curriculum (program) was filled; or
- The applicant did not meet the general admissions requirements of the college (disciplinary or academic suspension or academic probation excepted); or
- The applicant did not meet the admissions requirements of the specific course/curriculum (program).
Please email either Brad Myhre, Clerk of the Board/Deputy Cheif of Staff or Lindsey Heller; Secretary to the Board for additional information.