The Hunterdon County Health Department is providing COVID vaccination appointments for Moderna (ages 12+), Pfizer (ages 5+),
Pfizer pediatric (ages 6mo-11yrs). Appointments are available for first, second, and booster doses of vaccine, including the NEW BIVALENT Booster, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.
All Health Department clinics are a walk-thru clinics held at Building 1 at the County Complex, Route 12, in Flemington OR at Public Health Nursing, at 6 Gauntt Place, Building 2, Flemington.
Please be sure to note the location of the clinic when making your appointment.
UPCOMING CLINIC Dates and Appointment Information:
Clinic Date & Time
(Copy and paste this link into your internet browser)
(write this code down, you will need it when scheduling your appointment)
6 months - 4 years old
6 months - 4 years old
Please call 908-788-1351 if you have any questions.
Covid-19 Third Dose Vaccine Information:
Those individuals with moderate or severe immune system deficiencies should get an additional Pfizer or Moderna shot, at least four weeks after their second Pfizer or Moderna shot, including those who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome and Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
People who want a third dose should identify themselves as immunocompromised and proof of immunocompromised status is not required. You do not need any proof of a medical condition, do not need a note from a medical provider, and do not need a prescription.
The third dose should be of the same product as the initial vaccine series and should be delivered at least four weeks after the second shot.
Third Doses Verses Booster Shots
Additional vaccine shots are currently recommended for one of two reasons:
- For immunocompromised individuals, the two-dose vaccine may not provide the same level of immunity as it does to non-immunocompromised individuals. A "third dose" of the vaccine helps their immune system build up enough protection against COVID-19
- For other individuals, their immune protection against COVID-19 may weaken over time. A "booster shot" helps their immune system boost up its defenses against COVID-19
Where to Get Vaccinated
.Please visit the links or call the numbers provided for information on making an appointment at these locations:
In Hunterdon County
- Hunterdon County Health Department
- ShopRite Pharmacy Number 457
- ShopRite Pharmacy Number 497
- CVS Pharmacy