- Health Department
- Recycling & Solid Waste Services
- Residential Recycling Program (County)
Residential Recycling Program (County)
THE HUNTERDON COUNTY TRANSFER STATION WILL BE CLOSED SATURDAY MAY 27, 2023 THROUGH MONDAY MAY 29, 2023 IN OBSERVANCE OF MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND.
The Hunterdon County Residential Recycling Program, Hunterdon county residents only, is held at the:
- Hunterdon County Transfer Station/Recycling Depot
10 Petticoat Lane
Annandale, New Jersey 08801
- Phone: 908-236-9088
- View the directions.
Monday through Friday
7 am to 4:30 pm
7 am to 12:45 pm
What is Accepted in the Bin
View the What Goes in the Bin Flyer (PDF).
Items accepted for recycling:
- Aluminum cans: Only empty beverage cans will be accepted.
- Other aluminum items will not be accepted
- Cardboard, chipboard & brown paper bags: Corrugated, chipboard (boxboard) and brown paper bags will be accepted. Cardboard should NOT be tied.
- Cardboard with food or food residue will not be accepted.
- Glass bottles and jars: Food and beverage container glass with rings and caps removed will be accepted. All containers MUST be emptied and rinsed.
- Cups, drinking glasses, dishes, ovenware, window glass, lead crystal TV tubes, light bulbs, mirrors or any other type of glass product will not be accepted.
- Hard-covered books should be unbounded.
- Junk mail and office paper: Unshredded junk mail and office paper will be accepted. Junk mail and office paper should not be tied or placed in a cardboard container/box.
- Shredded or Bagged junk mail and office paper will not be accepted.
- Newspaper, should not be tied with string or twine.
- Newspaper bound in tape or other materials will not be accepted.
- Paperback books
- Plastics bottles number 1 through 7. Plastic bottles number 1 through 7 that originally contained liquids are accepted. All containers must be emptied and rinsed.
- Telephone books
- Tin and bi-metal cans are accepted if all food and other residue has been removed. Labels do not have to be removed.
NO PLASTIC BAGS! YOU MUST EMPTY CONTENTS INTO THE CONTAINERS.