- Human Services
- Housing Division
- Housing Rehabilitation Program
Housing Rehabilitation Program
Working Together to Keep Your House Your Home
The Hunterdon County Housing Rehabilitation Program is funded by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs Small Cities Program and managed by Hunterdon County staff. The goal is to maintain safe, accessible, and energy-efficient housing by helping eligible residents to correct code violations and other deficiencies in their homes.
Applying for the Program
Applications are available at the County offices or you can download an application (PDF). You may also request through the mail by writing to
Hunterdon County Housing Rehabilitation Program
P.O. Box 2900
Flemington, New Jersey 08822.
Once you complete the application in its entirety (including all verifications for income eligibility determination) forward the application to the address above. Your application will be reviewed for completeness and you will be notified of receipt and if any documentation is required. Your application will not be considered/rated until it is complete. Applications will remain open for 3 months. It is the applicant's responsibility to complete the application. If you have questions regarding the application progress, please call 908-788-1336.
Any resident of an owner-occupied dwelling in Hunterdon County:
- Who has resided in the County for at least one year and has not received funding from this program in the last three years.
- Whose property exhibits conditions that must be corrected in order to meet code standards, to prevent further deterioration, or safely access and occupy the home.
- Whose income from all resources does not exceed the current HUD income guideline.
Improvements That Are Eligible for Funding
- Code violations that threaten the life or health of residents.
- Access into and throughout your home.
- Weather damage resulting in code violations.
- Heating (Cooling when deemed to be medically necessary)
- Structural (Including Windows)
- Lead paint remediation
- Well and septic repairs
|HUD 2021 Income Guidelines|
(effective May 31, 2021)
|1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People|
|5 People||6 People||7 People||8 People|