- Human Services
- Housing Division
In 1977 the Board of County Commissioners established the Hunterdon County Department of Public Housing. Now known as the Division of Housing, the office operates under the oversight of the Hunterdon County Department of Human Services. The Division of Housing is federally funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to administer the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
Under the supervision of the County, the Division of Housing has the full responsibility to administer the Housing Choice Voucher Program and answer directly to the regional office of HUD. The Division maintains a close working relationship with the Division of Social Services and the Division of Senior Services
The Hunterdon County Department of Human Services Division of Housing is funded to provide monthly rental subsidies to approximately 482 tenant families, provided that their chosen rental unit meets all HUD guidelines.
Housing Resource Desk Guide for Hunterdon County Social Service Providers
Housing Resource Guide
The Housing Resource Guide was prepared for the purpose of aiding social service providers who work with low-income families and individuals in their search for affordable housing.
- Family Promise of Hunterdon County
- United Way of Hunterdon County
- Hunterdon Housing Alliance
- Hunterdon County Department of Human Services
Housing Resource Interactive Map
A Hunterdon County Division of GIS Web App
Covid-19 Update Staff/Office Operations
Staff are in the office during business hours to assist 908-788-1336, appointments are recommended.
Housing Assistance Lottery Registration
The Hunterdon County Division of Housing lottery waiting list will be opening June 1, 2023 through June 15, 2023. Thank you.
Links of Interest
- 2021 Audit of the Hunterdon County Division of Housing (PDF)
- New Jersey Department of Community Affairs J DCA (NJ Department of Community Affairs)
- New Jersey Housing Mortgage Finance Agency
- Central Jersey Housing Resource Center
- Tenants Rights (New Jersey Legal Services)
- Federal Citizen Information Center - Housing
- New Jersey Housing Resource Center
- Raritan Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Need help with foreclosure? Visit https://www.nj.gov/dca/hmfa/foreclosure/ or call 1-800-NJHOUSE
New Jersey Helps
New Jersey Helps is a free service offered by the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Welfare Services and is an easy way for you to prescreen for several welfare programs that are available to help you and your family. NJHelps is private, they do not ask who you are and do not share your information with anyone. NJHelps will tell you where to go for help and what to bring with you when you visit your County's Division of Social Services after you have answered all the questions.