Under the general direction of the Executive County Superintendent of Schools, supervises the design, production, and delivery of curricula, training, program improvement, and related education services to education agencies to ensure achievement of mandated goals and to meet existing and emerging needs; performs mandated regulatory functions; and monitors and evaluates education programs in school districts countywide.
The Hunterdon County Education Specialist is responsible for reviewing school district reports and applications such as Quality Single Accountability Continuum, Professional Development Plans, Summer School Applications, Comprehensive Equity Plans and Annual Review of Progress, Technology Plans, No Child Left Behind (NCLB), and Mentoring Plans.
The Hunterdon County Education Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Assisting the Executive County Superintendent in evaluating school districts in implementing state standards.
- Reviewing school district reports and applications such as Quality Single Accountability Continuum, Summer School Applications, Comprehensive Equity Plans and Annual Review of Progress, and Technology Plans.
- Reviewing applications for No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Federal Funds.
- Serving as a liaison to the Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (LACADA), Juvenile Officers' Association, Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce Education Committee, Community Diversity Council, and the Jennie Haver Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- Acting as the county test coordinator for the New Jersey Assessment of Skills and Knowledge (NJASK), and the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA).
- Coordinates Hunterdon County Educational Technology Resource Council meetings, Hunterdon County Professional Development Board meetings, Curriculum Coordinators' Council meetings, and Hunterdon County School Security meetings.