Human Services Advisory Council (HSAC)
- 3:30 pm
- 4th Wednesday of every month (no meetings in August, November and December) The council may meet in November if needed.
- Meetings will be held in a hybrid model; virtual attendee's see meeting notice below for links, in person attendee's see below for address
- Human Services Conference Room, Building 3,
- Route 31 County Complex, Gauntt Place
- Flemington, NJ 08822
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The principal responsibilities of the Council are:
- To engage in comprehensive planning activities relative to human services needs and resources within the County
- To advise the Board of County Commissioners of Hunterdon County and the New Jersey Commissioner of Human Services; the New Jersey Commissioner of the Department of Children and Families; and such other persons or agencies as may seek its advice, on issues relating to the planning, efficiency, availability, coordination, development, equity, distribution, evaluation, cost and resource allocation of health and human services needed by residents of the County, presently and in the predictable future
Specific purposes shall include but not be limited to:
- Identifying human service needs and resources in cooperation with existing agencies and consumers
- Providing relevant information to governing bodies, agencies and the public
- Developing an annual planning process
- Setting priorities
- Encouraging citizen participation in planning for human services in the public and private sectors
The Council shall be strictly advisory to the Board of County Commissioners and its authority shall be strictly limited to such functions as designated from time to time by the Commissioners.
Membership is defined in NJAC 10:2-1.3 (PDF) and is followed accordingly.