The Hunterdon County Residential Recycling Program is held at the:
Hunterdon County Transfer Station/Recycling Depot
10 Petticoat Lane
Annandale, New Jersey 08801
Phone: (908) 236-9088
RECYCLING DEPOT HOURS:
Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Saturday – 7:00 AM – 12:45 PM
ITEMS ACCEPTED FOR RECYCLING:
- Aluminum cans: Only empty beverage cans will be accepted.
- Other aluminum items WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Cardboard, chipboard & brown paper bags: Corrugated, chipboard (boxboard) and brown paper bags will be accepted. Cardboard should be tied or placed in another cardboard container (box).
- Cardboard with food or food residue WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Glass bottles and jars: Food and beverage container glass with rings and caps removed will be accepted. All containers MUST be emptied and rinsed.
- Cups, drinking glasses, dishes, ovenware, window glass, lead crystal TV tubes, light bulbs, mirrors or any other type of glass product WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Hard covered books
- Junk mail & office paper: Unshredded junk mail and office paper will be accepted. Junk mail and office paper should be tied or placed in a cardboard container (box).
- Shredded or Bagged junk mail and office paper WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Newspaper: Newspaper tied with string or twine will be accepted.
- Newspaper bound in tape or other materials WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Paperback books
- Plastics bottles # 1-7: Plastic bottles # 1-7 that originally contained liquids are accepted. All containers MUST be emptied and rinsed.
- Telephone books
- Tin and bi-metal cans: Are accepted if all food and other residue has been removed. Labels do not have to be removed.