Home > Planning Board > Duties & Meetings
The Hunterdon County Planning Board was established by the Board of Chosen Freeholders in 1957 under the New Jersey County and Regional Planning Act of 1935. The Board consists of nine members including the Freeholder Director, another Freeholder, the County Engineer, six citizen members and two alternate members. The citizen members are appointed by the Board of Chosen Freeholders
The Hunterdon County Planning Board's statutory responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare and adopt a master plan for the physical development of the County.
- Review subdivision and site plan applications.
- Encourage municipal cooperation in matters of mutual and regional concern.
- Advise the Board of Chosen Freeholders on capital budgets and expenditures.
- Maintain a file on municipal master plans and development regulations.
- Planning Board Meetings are on the 1st Thursday of each month at 8:30 A.M. in the Planning Board Meeting Room.
- Development Review Committee meetings are held on the 1st Thursday following the Planning Board Meeting which begins at 8:30 A.M. and on the 3rd Thursday at 8:30 A.M. in the Planning Board Meeting Room.