Back to County Health Department
County Health Department
Outdoor Lyme Disease Photo Op and Media Session
Tuesday, May 9th at 1:00 pm
Bernadette Morales Nature Preserve, Flemington, NJ
DATED: Monday, May 080, 2006
CONTACT: Hunterdon County Health Department 908-788-1351
CONTACT PERSON: Carl Rachel, Public Relations Director
Hosted by the Hunterdon County Department of Health, the event will feature Dr. Eddy Bresnitz, Deputy Commissioner of Health with the N.J. Department of Health & Senior Services placing in the ground a Lyme disease awareness sign at a trail head in this local public park.
We're using the concept of social marketing and outright visual promotion to alert the public about Lyme disease and encourage protective behavior as we now enter the high risk period of the Lyme disease season.
SIGNIFICANCE: With the placing of this sign, Hunterdon County will mark the first place in the state that such Lyme disease awareness signs are being used directly in tick-infested habitats to alert the public re threat of Lyme disease. Some 200 of these signs will be deployed in high-traffic public areas around Hunterdon County as visual reminders that people should carefully check themselves for ticks when spending time in tick-infested habitats.
LYME DISEASE MEDIA INFO KITS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE EVENT.
BERNADETTE MORALES NATURE PRESERVE
The preserve is maintained by the Morales Sub-Committee of the Flemington-Raritan Parks and Recreation Committee. Along with Mine Brook Park, The Dvoor Farm and Uplands, a contiguous greenway is formed.
From the Clinton area:
- Travel SOUTH on Route 513 until junction with Route 617
- Turn left on Route 617 and travel about 8.5 miles
- Turn right on Barton Hollow Road and continue to stop sign
- Turn left on Old Croton Rd
- Make first left onto Capner Street
- Parking area on left. Additional parking across street.
From the Lambertville area:
- Take Route 202 NORTH to jug-handle for South Main Street for Flemington
- Follow South Main Street to the junction with the Main Street Circle and proceed west on Route 12
- On Route 12 continue past the next circle to the traffic light
- At traffic light, turn right on Old Croton Rd
- Proceed to Capner Street and turn right
- Parking are on left. Additional parking across street.
|Back to County Health Department|