TENTATIVE AGENDA - updated 05/14/2018
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder's Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2018
4:30 pm - Convene Executive Session
5:00 pm - Convene Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:30 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2018, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:00 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. FREEHODER COMMENTS/REPORTS
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Anderson House on its 20th Anniversary Golf Outing.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Joseph Rottner, Boy Scouts of America, Troop 186, on attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring May, 2018 as Older Americans Month in the County.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring May, 2018 as Mental Health Awareness Month in the County.
VII. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPRECIATION FOR SERVICES
- Hunterdon Medical Center, Donald Pinner, Sr. Vice President of Community Health Improvement and COO, Hunterdon Regional Community Health.
VIII. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
IX. PLANNING BOARD DIRECTOR
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Barbara Vogel to the position of Planning Board Director.
X. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, Marc Saluk
- Stockton University, Institute of Gaming, Hospitality and Tourism– Hunterdon County Tourism Study Phase I.
XI. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Option Agreement with the C. Eugene Brokaw Trust and Shirley Brokaw, regarding Block 73, Lots 18 and 21, in Readington Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Assignment of Interests Agreement with the New Jersey Conservation Foundation, the Township of Lebanon, and the Hunterdon Land
Trust, for the Pelio Properties, Block 51, Lots 5 and 1; Block 50, Lot 10; Block 53, Lot 12; and Block 56, Lot 15, in Lebanon Township, consisting of approximately 244+/- acres.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Cooperative Agreement between the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), and the Hunterdon Land Trust, for the purchase of agricultural land easements under the Agricultural Conservation Easement Program, for the properties owned by William and Susan Goeckeler, Block 30, Lot 6, in Kingwood Township. (ACEP-ALE grant tentatively $108,330.00) (SADC - $75,360) (County - $0).
XII. PURCHASING, Ray Rule
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #R8-01806, using State Contract #A-85944, with AT&T Corporation, for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), for the Division of Communications/Information Technology, in the amount of $145,804.48.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2018-05, for the Reconstruction of County Culvert C-67, on High Bridge-Cokesbury Road, County Route 639, over Beaver Brook, in Clinton Township, to CMS Construction, in an amount not to exceed $436,090.50.
XIII. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be
enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated May 15, 2018.
- Motion to approve the regular and executive session minutes of May 01, 2018.
- RESOLUTION - Rob Folk appointed full-time, Road Repairer 1, (CDL Class A certification), Division of Roads, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a salary adjustment for Scott Carver, in accordance with the CWA Rank and File contract, reflecting a return to Equipment Operator, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Scott Carver, Equipment Operator, completed training, in accordance with the CWA Rank and File contract, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Wallace Sloyer, Equipment Operator, salary increase, completed training, Equipment Operator, in accordance with the CWA Rank and File contract, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - John Sigafoos, Equipment Operator, completed training, in accordance with the CWA Rank and File contract, Public Works Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a salary adjustment for Patrick Horsch full time, Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Communications Division, Public Safety and Health
Services Department, in accordance with the Communications MOA with the CWA Local 1036.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Art Show Waiver Agreements with various senior artists, for displaying art work at the 44th Annual Hunterdon County Art Show.
- RESOLUTION - Appointing Cathy Taglienti as a member to the Senior Advisory Council.
- RESOLUTION - Appointing Susan Lax as a member to the Senior Advisory Council.
- RESOLUTION - Appointing Susan Lax as a member to the Transportation Advisory Committee.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Jennifer Kaplan and Jo Ann Carr Sanchis, for maintenance of a jointly owned driveway, Block 43, Lots 32 and 33, in Bethlehem Township.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the revision of County Policy #2005-01, for Computer Usage.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the County Purchasing Agent to solicit bids for 89 Octane Unleaded Gasoline.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the County Purchasing Agent to solicit bids for Fine Paper and Envelopes.
- 17. RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to County Bid #2017-15, with Clean Venture, Inc., for an additional Hazardous Waste Clean Up Day, on July 14, 2018, at a cost of $24,500. (Grant Funded).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification to County Bid #2016-18, with Orion’s Home Healthcare, for Certified/Non Certified Home Health Aide Services, for services through 2018, in an amount not to exceed $40,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a modification with Cherry, Weber and Associates, for additional engineering services, in connection with the reconstruction of County Route 519/Warren Glen Hill Climbing Lane, increase of $40,794.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a provider service contract with Daytop Village of New Jersey. Inc., to provide community based services, including Adolescent Outpatient Services, pursuant to the 2017 RFP #0092-2017, for the period of January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2020, in the amount not to exceed $510,000.00 for three years ($170,000.00 per County fiscal year) for Adolescent Outpatient Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a provider service contract with Hunterdon Drug Awareness, Inc., to provide community based services, including a 16-Week IDRC services pursuant to the RFP #0056-2017, for the period of January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2020, in the amount of $30,600.00 ($10,200.00 per County fiscal year).
- RESOLUTION - Approving Letter of Agreement with the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, for the purpose of Substance Abuse Prevention and Education programming through the County’s Municipal Alliance Programs, in the amount of $181,380 in state funding.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing County Counsel to execute a letter of engagement with Mullen Coughlin, LLC, to provide insurance guidance.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Hunterdon County Title VI
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing a Right-of-Way Easement and two Bridge Easements to Califon Borough, for the replacement for Island Park Bridge, Block 21, Lot 3.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Grant Agreement, for the FY 2018 State Aid to Counties, with the New Jersey Department of Transportation, Division of Local Aid and Economic Development, for the Replacement of Bridge RT-16, located in the Townships of Readington and Tewksbury, in the amount of $4,056,898.00 (State funds).
- Flemington Jewish Community Center’s Farmland Ride Committee, requesting permission to use County roads during the Farmland Bike Ride, on Sunday, June 10, 2018. (permission received from Raritan, East Amwell and Kingwood Townships for use of municipal roads).
- High Bridge Business Association, requesting permission to use a portion of County Route 513 (Main Street, downtown High Bridge) for the annual Soap Box Derby, on Saturday, June 2, 2018, from 7:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Traffic will be detoured by High Bridge Police.
- Delaware Valley High School Cheerleaders, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss, in Milford Borough, on Saturday June 9, 2018. (Rain Date: June 10, 2018).
RECESS – 6:00 p.m.
RECONVENE – Historic Court House – 6:10 p.m.
XV. CULTURAL & HERITAGE COMMISSION
- Presentation of Junior-Historian awards for 2018.
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC