TENTATIVE AGENDA - updated 09/19/2017 at 12:25pm
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
Delaware Township Municipal Building
570 Rosemont-Ringoes Road, Sergeantsville, NJ 08857
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2017
4:45 pm - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene in Open Session
PUBLIC NOTICE (meeting location change) | COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:45 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before September 11, 2017, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring September 24, 2017 as Childhood Cancer Awareness Day and to support the meritorious works of Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Parkway Run& Walk and Saint Baldrick’s Foundation.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Frenchtown Borough on its 150th Birthday.
VII. PURCHASING, Raymond E. Rule, Jr.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2017-15, for Household Hazardous Waste Clean Up Days, with Clean Venture Inc., in an amount not to exceed $73,500.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2017-18, to Furnish and Deliver Snow and Ice Control Materials for Roads and Bridges – Calcium Chloride Solution, with Setcon Industries, in the amount of $29,600.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2017-18, to Furnish and Deliver Snow and Ice Control Materials for
Roads and Bridges – Rock Salt, with Morton Salt, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $461,790.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2017-20, for Resurfacing of County Route 627 in the Township of Holland, with Glen G. Hale, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $703,096.26.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2017-21, for Resurfacing and Drainage Improvements for County Route 604 in the Township of Delaware, with Reivax Contracting Corporation, in an amount not to exceed $1,879,705.00.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2017-14, for Electronics Recycling Program, with Electronics Recyclers International, in an amount not to exceed $10,000.
VIII. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
IX. ADMINISTRATOR’S UPDATE, Kevin Davis
X. OPEN SPACE, Bill Millette
- Historic Wescott House status update.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated September 19, 2017.
- Motion to approve the regular and executive session minutes of September 05, 2017.
- RESOLUTION - Cindy Mundy transferred from Senior Services to the Division of Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Mike Turri transferred from the Division of Bridges to the Division of Roads within the Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Kyle Herda appointed full time, unclassified Assistant Prosecutor, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Keith Fleming, Equipment Operator, Division of Roads, Public Works Department, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Antonio Creagh appointed full time, Public Health Investigator, Health Division, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - William Musacchio appointed full time, Detective, Office of the Hunterdon County Prosecutor.
- RESOLUTION - Edwin Blas appointed full time, Corrections Officer, Sheriff’s Department.
- RESOLUTION - Jaime Abramo appointed full time, Electrician, Division of Buildings and Maintenance, Administrative Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a salary adjustment for Linda Rifino, Senior Clerk Transcriber, Emergency Management Division, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a temporary salary adjustment for Kenneth Sutphen, Equipment Operator, Division of Roads, Department of Public Works, for filling the role of Supervising Road Repairer, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement with CWA Local 1036.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with Somerset County for Juvenile Home Detention Services, at a per diem rate of $50.00 per client, for 2017.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Contract Modification #1, for County Quote #0098-2015, for Professional Engineering Design Services for the Reconstruction of County Bridge C-32,
in Clinton Township, with Malick & Scherer, P.C., in the amount of $7,000.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a paper Performance Bond, #9208233, to Pilot Travel Centers, LLC, in the amount of $53,288.13.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a County Comprehensive Alcoholism and Drug Abuse renewal application, with the New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services, in the amount of $213,671.00 in state funds and a County Match if $26,638.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant agreement with the Delaware Valley Regional Alliance, represented by Alexandria Township, in the amount of $20,777.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant agreement with the South Hunterdon Regional Alliance, represented by West Amwell, in the amount of $16,108.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant agreement with the Voorhees Regional Alliance, represented by Tewksbury Township, in the amount of $22,852.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Renewal for the Title IV-D Reimbursement Agreement, with the New Jersey Division of Family Development, for the Hunterdon County Sheriff’s Office,
in the amount of $297,755.00, for the period of October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018.
- Raritan Valley Habitat for Humanity, requesting permission to use roads around Christie Hoffman Park, (County Routes 512, 517 and Farmersville Road), on Saturday, October 21, 2017, for a fundraiser.
- East Amwell Township School PTO, requesting permission to close the intersection of Wertsville Road and Rocktown Road, on Saturday, October 7, 2017, between 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., for a 5K Color Run.
- Hunterdon County Library, requesting on behalf of the Friends of the Library for the fees to be waived to use the Grange Building at the South County Park during the April 11, 2018 to May 02, 2018 Book Sale, as was done in previous years.
- Fairmount Fire Company, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss on Saturday, September 23, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., at the intersection of County Routes 512/513, in Tewksbury Township.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION
(Reconvene if necessary)