updated 11/21/2017 at 12:40 p.m.
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2017
4:30 pm - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene in Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:30 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 03, 2017, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss potential land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing the Kingwood Township Elementary School for their fundraising efforts for the Kingwood Middle School in Texas.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Gregory Bristol, Boy Scout Troop 62, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
VII. PURCHASING, Raymond E. Rule, Jr.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #R7-06818, using Cooperative Agreement #65MCESCCPS, with Power Place Inc., for Two Utility Tractors with Boom Mowers, for Vehicle Services, in the amount of $232,007.92.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #R7-06315, using Cooperative Agreement #131201, with CKEP USA, for Food Service Equipment, for the Heron Glen Clubhouse project, in the amount of $151,566.98.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2017-22, for an Agricultural Farm Maintenance Agreement, for the Tower Hill Reserve, Block 33, Lot 36 and Block 37, Lot 5, in Bethlehem Township, to William T. Jelliffe, III, in an amount to be received by the County of $226.50 annually, for a five year period through December 31, 2022.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2017-22, for an Agricultural Farm Maintenance Agreement, for Deer Path Park, Block 72, Lot 31 and Block 63, Lot 14, in Readington Township, to Gural Farms, in an amount to be received by the County of $36.19 annually, for a five year period through December 31, 2022.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with the Hunterdon Medical Center, for Corporate Health Services including Occupational Health Services and Employee Assistance Program, in the amount of $40,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with McNally, Yaros, Kaczynski & Lime, LLC, for Professional Legal Services through County Quote #0081-2017, in the amount of $2,000.
VIII. ADMINISTRATOR’S UPDATE, Kevin Davis
IX. FARMLAND/OPEN SPACE PRESERVATION, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Cooperative Agreement with the United States Department of Agriculture - Natural Resources Conservation Services and the Hunterdon Land Trust, using federal funds, for the acquisition of a development easement, from Richard Dalrymple and Brian Dalrymple, for Block 6, Lots 26 and 26.01, in Kingwood Township. (County Contribution - $0.00).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Development Easement on the property known as Block 11, Lot 14.01 in the Township of Alexandria, from Paul W. and Linda E. Grefe, for a total of $237, 984.50 (SADC - $142,790.70; Hunterdon County share -$47,596.90; Holland Township share - $47,596.90).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Development Easement on the property known as Block 11, Lot 14 in the Township of Alexandria, from Paul W. and Linda E. Grefe, for a total of $180,496.80 (SADC - $108,298.08; Hunterdon County share -$36,099.36; Holland Township share - $36,099.36).
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated November 21, 2017.
- Motion to approve the regular and executive session minutes of November 08, 2017.
- RESOLUTION - Phillippe Streicher appointed full time, Detective, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Patrick Horsch appointed full time, Provisional, Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Division of Communications, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Edward Vadimski, Jr. appointed full time, Provisional, Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Division of Communications, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Suspending the temporary salary adjustment for Kenneth Sutphen for filling the role of Supervising Road Repairer.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for Bid #2017-11, for the 2017 Resurfacing and Surface Treatment of various County Roads, with Top Line Construction Corp., increase of $49,278.03.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #2, for Bid #2017-11, for the 2017 Resurfacing and Surface Treatment of various County Roads, with Top Line Construction Corp., increase of $84,795.48.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Discharge of Mortgage with Deborah Poremba.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the release of a Cash Maintenance Bond to Kiser Enterprises, LLC, in the amount of $5,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for Bid #2017-01, for the Construction of the Heron Glen Clubhouse, with A.B. Designs Contracting Corporation, for an increase of $22,300.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of property in fee simple, Block 2, Lot 2, in the Township of Holland, in connection with the County Route 519 road project, from Richard Straube and Sandra Straube, for the sum of $5,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of property in fee simple, of Block 2, Lot 24, in the Township of Holland, in connection with the County Route 519 road project, from Joseph and Barbara Becker for the sum of $11,455.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Director or County Counsel to sign a current, recordable form of Sellers Residency Certification and Affidavit of Consideration for Block 19, Lots 37 and 38, in Clinton Township, in order for the previously executed Quit Claim Deed to be recorded with the Hunterdon County Clerk.
XI COUNTY COUNSEL
- RESOLUTION - Approving the acquisition of property in fee simple, for Block 1.02, Lot 2, from Billie Gardner, for the reconstruction and replacement of County Route 519, for the amount of $8,000; and authorizing County Counsel and the Public Works Director to undertake all necessary work for the acquisition.
XII. COUNTY ORDINANCE
- INTRODUCTION - Ordinance #2017-02, Permitting compensation for the Office of Emergency Management/Fire Marshal for overtime hours worked in the Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- Mediatech Foundation, requesting permission for the Whitehouse Wind Symphony to use the historic Court House on Sunday, December 03, 2017, from 12 noon until 5:00 p.m., for the 6th Annual Holiday Concert, which will be free to all. Also requesting the rental fee be waived; for permission to use 40 folding chairs and an area for the storage of instruments, to be coordinated with the Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
- Flemington Community Partnership, requesting permission to use the historic Court House steps for musical performances on Thursday, December 7, 14 and 21, 2017 from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Also asking to place a large community celebration tree on the sidewalk, approximately 10’ from the historic Court House steps (if acceptable to the County) and to use the electric outlet; in addition, asking to use the Court House facility to show a family style holiday movie, starting at 7:30 p.m.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION
(Reconvene if necessary)