updated 04/04/2017 at 4:30 pm
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, APRIL 04, 2017
4:00 pm - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene in Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 03, 2017, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda)
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring April 2017 as “Go Blue for CASA and Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness” month.
- PROCLAMATION - Declaring April 28, 2017 as the 145th Anniversary Celebration of Arbor Day.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Alex D. Jaszyn, Troop 288, for attaining the designation of "Eagle Scout”.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Roger K. Everitt upon his passing.
VII. PURCHASING, Raymond E. Rule, Jr.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2017-03, for the reconstruction of County Culvert R-58, on Pulaski Road over a Branch of the Chambers Brook, in Readington Township, to Konkus Corporation, in an amount not to exceed $470,962.21.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement, using RFP #0098-2016, for an Architectural/Engineering Consultant for the Emergency Services Training Center, to Spiezle Architectural Group, in an amount not to exceed $496,575.
VIII. FARMLAND/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara, Director
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Grant, at the recommendation of the Parks and Open Space Advisory Council, with Union Township, for debt service related to the Milligan Farm property acquisition, in an amount not to exceed $72,807.05.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Grant, at the recommendation of the Parks and Open Space Advisory Council, with Clinton Township, for the Kaufelt property acquisition, Block 82, Lot 3, estimated 84 acres, in Clinton Township, in an amount not to exceed $262,625.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Grant, at the recommendation of the Parks and Open Space Advisory Council, with Frenchtown Borough for debt service related to the Frenchtown Greenbelt property acquisition, in an amount not to exceed $28,848.12.
IX. PROJECT UPDATE, Frank J. Bell, AIA
- Motion to accept an update on various County projects and facilities.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated April 04, 2017.
- Motion to approve the regular and executive session minutes of March 21, 2017.
- RESOLUTION - Amy Westover appointed full-time, Librarian 1, Library.
- RESOLUTION - Shalini Rajamani appointed to per-diem Yoga Instructor, Senior Services Division, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Deirdre Cardenas appointed full-time, Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Communications, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Toby Coleman provisional, full time Bridge Repairer (with CDL Class A certification), Division of Roads and Bridges, Department of Public Works.
- RESOLUTION - Debra Reed appointed part-time Seasonal Naturalist, in the Division of Parks and Recreation.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Subordination of Mortgage for Gary and Renee Deemer, to Santander Bank, N.A.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2016-09, for the application of Traffic Stripes on various County Roads, in various municipalities, with Traffic Lines, Inc., decrease of $102,307.41.
- RESOLUTION - Kevin Davis appointed full time, County Administrator.
- RESOLUTION - Janet Previte appointed full time, County CFO-.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application for the 2017 County Environmental Health Act grant, with the New Jersey State Department of Environmental Protection, for the purpose of supporting environmental inspections, enforcement, and education, in the amount of $278,000, (State funds - $139,000; County Match -$139.000).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant application from the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, for the renewal of the Local Core Capacity for Public Health Emergency Preparedness grant, in the amount of $269,673. (no County Match).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Section 5310 Grant Application with New Jersey Transit, to purchase five (5) extended cutaways designed to carry up to sixteen (16) ambulatory passengers and a minimum of two (2) mobility devices to support the County’s LINK Transportation System. (Federal Transit contributes 80% and NJ Transit
- Oldwick Fire Company, requesting permission to hold Coin Tosses on Saturday, April 22, 2017 (rain date April 29) and Saturday, October 07, 2017 (rain date October 14), from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., at the intersection of County Routes 523 and 517.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION
(Reconvene if necessary)