HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
599 Oak Grove Road and County Route 519
Frenchtown, NJ 08825
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2016
4:00 p.m. - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene in Open Session
PUBLIC NOTICE | COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before October 18, 2016, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. FINANCE, Janet R. Previte, Acting Financial Officer
- Motion to acknowledge receipt of the 2015 County Audit.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an insertion of an item of revenue and the like sum as an appropriation in the 2016 County Budget for the 2017 Universal Service Fund, in the amount of $1,130.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an insertion of an item of revenue and the like sum as an appropriation in the 2015 Recycling
Enhancement Act Tax Entitlement Grant, in the amount of $143,320.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an insertion of an item of revenue and the like sum as an appropriation in the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant, in the amount of $42,785.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an insertion of an item of revenue and the like sum as an appropriation in the 2016 Body Armor Grant, in the amount of $6,132.71.
VII. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Hunterdon County Community Forestry Management Plan, on behalf of the Shade Tree Commission.
VIII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Cooperative Agreement with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), and the Hunterdon Land Trust, for the purchase of agricultural easements, for the DeSapio property, Block 5, Lot 6, in Kingwood Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Cooperative Agreement with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), and the Hunterdon Land Trust for the purchase of agricultural easements for the Dalrymple property, Block 6, Lot 26 and 26.01, in Kingwood Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a development easement on the property owned by the Township of Alexandria, Block 11, Lot 16, in Alexandria Township, estimated 82 acres, (SADC - $282,261.22; County - $69,512.22; Township - $69,512.22), total amount of $421,285.66.
RESOLUTION - Approving a development easement from Jason R. and Sarah Christian Vartikar-McCullough (Hope Hill property), Block 23, Lots 8.01, 8.20, 8.21, and 8.22, in Franklin Township, estimated 70 acres, (SADC - $411,600; County - $137,200; Township - $137,200), total amount of $686,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a development easement on the property owned by Maria Foster (White Bridge Farm), Block 28,
Lot 24, in Franklin Township, estimated 57 acres, (SADC
- $253,080; County - $84,360; Township - $84,360), total amount of $421,800.
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of
these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated October 18, 2016.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of September 20, 2016.
- RESOLUTION - Bernard A. Campbell appointed permanent, full-time Gardener, Division of Parks and Recreation, Department of Planning, Economic Development and Land Use.
- RESOLUTION - Christine McIntyre appointed full-time Assistant Prosecutor, Hunterdon County Prosecutor.
- RESOLUTION - Juan Vera-Carofilis appointed full time Sheriff’s Officer, Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Henri Zilliox appointed full time Correction Officer, in the Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Nicholas Cepparulo appointed full time Inspector, Mosquito Extermination, Division of Vector Control,
Department of Public Safety and Health Service.
- RESOLUTION - Approving salaries for the Communications’ Division in accordance with the CWA Local 1036 agreement.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an employment agreement with Juan Vera- Carolifis, Hunterdon County Sheriff’s Officer.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for bids for County Bid #2016-18, for Home Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to the agreement with Res-Care New Jersey, Inc., County Bid #2016-23, with for Home Health Services, for an increase of $50,308.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an extension for the contract with Hunterdon Healthcare System, for Occupational Health Services, in the amount of $6,000, for 60 days.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Equipment Lease with New Jersey Transit Corporation, for a Section 5310 vehicle for a 2016 Ford E450 Extended Mini-Bus with Rear Lift, for the Consolidated Transportation System, (LINK).
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for County Bid #2015-21, for Resurfacing and Drainage Improvements to County Route 512, in Califon Borough and Tewksbury Township, to Tilcon New York, in the amount of $12,826.25.
- RESOLUTION - Supporting High Bridge Borough’s application for Federal Funding Assistance through NJDOT, for the streetscape improvements along County Route 513 (Bridge Street and West Main Street).
- RESOLUTION - Approving an electronic grant application with the New Jersey Department of Transportation for the Rehabilitation
of Hunterdon County Bridge N-1, on Main Street, in the Town of Clinton.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with the State Department of Human Services, Division on Aging, for the Area Plan Contract update, in the amount of $736,362; (State- $336,727; Federal-$399,635; County Match-$14,010).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a County Comprehensive Alcoholism and Drug Abuse contract #17-590-ADA-0, in the amount of $213,908 in State funds and a County Match of $26,339.
- The Center for Education Advancement (CEA), requesting permission to place approximately 12 portable restrooms in the Main Street Complex parking lot, delivered on Wednesday, November 23, 2016, to be removed Friday, November 25, 2016, for the annual Turkey Trot.
- Library Headquarters, request to waive the fee for use of the Grange Building at the South County Park during the annual Friends of the Library Book Sale, from April 12 through May 3, 2017.
XII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSION
(Reconvene if necessary)