HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder's Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2016
4:00 pm - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene in Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 05, 2016, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. FINANCE, Janet Previte, Acting Financial Officer
- RESOLUTION - Approving the transfer of funds in various accounts.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the insertion of an item of revenue and the like sum as an appropriation, in the 2016 County Budget, for the 2017 County Environmental Health Act (CEHA), in the amount of $138,700.
VII. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- To discuss a letter from James Daoust III, asking to open Fairview Avenue (County Route 513), in High Bridge, to connect to sewer.
VIII. FOR DISCUSSION
- LINK Update.
- A request from Quakertown Solar Farm LLC, Attorney, Mark Bellin, to utilize a utility pole on County Route 12, to deliver solar electricity.
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated November 15, 2016.
- Motion to approve the executive minutes of October 18, 2016 and the regular session minutes of October 18, 2016 and October 31, 2016.
- RESOLUTION - Zachary Burany appointed full time, Mechanics Helper, Vehicle Services Division.
- RESOLUTION - Justin Bennett appointed full time, Mechanics Helper, Vehicle Services Division.
- RESOLUTION - Mary Connor appointed provisional, full time Keyboard Clerk 2, Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Brian Stout appointed full time, Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanic, Low Pressure, Division of Buildings and Maintenance, Administrative Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Katie McGann appointed Keyboard Clerk 1, Division of Senior Services, Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Millard E. Rooks, Jr. appointed Superintendent of Weights and Measures, Division of Weights of Measures, Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a salary adjustment for Theresa Cleary, part time SART Coordinator, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Approving salaries for unclassified/unaffiliated or noncontractual employees not covered under a bargaining unit for the Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the rejection of bid packages, for County Bid #2016-17, for the Construction of the Hunterdon County Justice Center Pre-Trial Office, as the proposals were over the County’s estimate.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with PM Consultants, LLC, for government accounting services in the Finance Department, in the amount not to exceed $60,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #2 - Final, for County Bid
#2015-29, for the Reconstruction of Culvert FU-5, on Route 513, in Franklin and Union Townships, with Glen G. Hale, for an increase of $4,259.44
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Property Damage Release, with regard to County Bridge T-63, in Tewksbury Township, between Hunterdon County and Manufacturers Insurance Company, Robert T. Liana and Michele A. Liana, in the amount of $330.97.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Bridge Maintenance Easement with Luke and Betty Maczynski, for Block 43, Lot 34, in Readington Township, for improvements to County Structure: R-58, on Pulaski Road, over a branch of the Chambers Brook, in the amount of $15,000.
- RESOLUTION - Jacob Cole, Jr. appointed full time, Roads Supervisor, in
the Division of Roads and Bridges, Department of
- RESOLUTION - Thomas H. Redfern be hereby appointed Detective,
Office of the Hunterdon County Prosecutor.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant renewal application from the State Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, for funding for the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner/Sexual Assault Response Team (SANE/SART) Project, Subgrant #VS-32-15, for the Prosecutor’s Office, in the amount of $90,000; (Federal - $72,000 and a County Match - $18,000).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a 2017 New Jersey State Council on the Arts Local Arts Program grant agreement, in the amount of $66,464 for arts activities and regrants to local organizations. ($45,000 – state funds and a County Match of $21,464 “personnel support”).
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Jacob Willsey, Boy Scout Troop 288, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- Media Tech Foundation, requesting permission to again use the historic Court House for their annual Community Holiday Concert, on Sunday, December 04, 2016, from 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- High Bridge Borough Police Department requesting a temporary detour of
Route 513 between Fairview Ave. and McDonald Street on Saturday,
December 3, 2016 between the hours of 5:45 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. for the
High Bridge Associations Tree Lighting event.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)