TENTATIVE AGENDA (updated 03/16/2016 at 10:05 am)
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder's meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, MARCH 15, 2016
4:00 p.m. - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene in Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for suchannouncements. A copy was mailed on or before January 05, 2016, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. FINANCE, Janet Previte, County Finance Officer
- RESOLUTION - Approving a second Temporary Budget for 2016.
VII. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- PUBLIC HEARING - County Ordinance 2016-01, approving an update to the comprehensive County’s Open Space, Farmland and Historic Preservation
Trust Fund Plan.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing John P. Davenport upon his retirement for years of service to the County.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing April 2016 as Autism Awareness Month in Hunterdon County.
IX. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
X. FOR DISCUSSION
To discuss Shared Services regarding gas.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated March 15, 2016.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of February 16, 2016.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Richard Dalrymple as an alternate member to the Planning Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the reappointment of Rosa Yoo as a member to the Shade Tree Commission.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of William Bowlby as a member to the Parks and Open Space Advisory Committee.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Plans and Specifications for the Reconstruction of County Route 637, Readington Township.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the solicitation of bids for County Bid #2016-01, for the Operation of the Hunterdon County Transportation System (LINK).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the solicitation of bids for County Bid #2016-02, for Automated Data Processing Services for the Board of Taxation.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Discharge of Mortgage for Bernard and Lynda Lettieri.
- RESOLUTION - Approving State Change Order #2, County Bid #2015-13, for the Replacement of County Bridge C-26, with Kalogridis Contracting, decrease of $50,901.95
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for County Bid #2015-13, for the Replacement of County Bridge C-26, to Kalogridis Contracting, LLC, in the amount of $58,375.11.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, County Bid #2015-21 for Resurfacing and Drainage Improvements to County Road 512, with Tilcon New York, decrease of $107,063.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for County Bid #2014-14, for the Reconstruction of County Bridge E-174, on County Route 602, to Konkus Corporation, in the amount of $59,945.58.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Inter-County Mutual Aid and Assistance Agreement between Participating Units, to provide additional protection against loss, damage or destruction by fire, catastrophe, civil unrest, major emergency or other extraordinary devastation damage or destruction to person and property, in
those situations when outside aid and assistance is
- RESOLUTION - Approving the amended ByLaws of the Hunterdon County Planning Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the renewal of a lease agreement with the Hunterdon Football Club (soccer), for certain portions of land at the Deer Path Park, for a three year period, through March 2019.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Memorandum of Understanding with the County of Warren concerning the application and management of the FY2015 Flood Mitigation Assistance (FEMA) grant.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application with NJ Transit for the Job Access and Reverse Commute Program, (JARC), to transport eligible individuals to employment opportunities, in the amount of $124,000 (state funds) and a County match of $124,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the renewal of a grant application with the State Department of Human Services, for the State Health Insurance Program (SHIP), in the amount of
$24,000 (State funds).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a subcontract with the New Jersey Institute of Technology and the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority, for the FY2016 Subregional Transportation Program, in the amount of $88,762.50 (County Match - $17,752.50).
- Dan Brannen - Gran Fondo NJ, requesting to again use the North Branch Library parking area and lawn, as a “rest and refreshment” area for the 6th Annual Gran Fondo NJ, to be held on Sunday, September 11, 2016, from 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Whitehouse #1 Fire Company, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss on Friday, June 03, 2016 and Saturday, June 04, 2016, at the Rockaway Church, the Lady of Lourdes Church, the Railway Station and the Post Office.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION
(Reconvene if necessary)