TENTATIVE AGENDA - UPDATED 2/16/2016 AT 12:15PM
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder's meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2016
4:00 p.m. - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 pm - Convene in Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 05, 2016, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, TAPinto (online) and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person. (Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. MOMENT OF SILENCE
VI. AMERICAN RED CROSS, Suzanne Hilaire
- PROCLAMATION - Designating March, 2016, as American Red Cross Month in Hunterdon.
VII. HORTICUTLURE THERAPY, Laura DePrado
- PROCLAMATION - Designating the third week of March, 2016, as Horticulture Therapy Week, in the County.
VIII. PURCHASING, John Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #R6-00748, using State Contract #A-89850, with Dell, for software licenses, for the Division of Information Technology, in the amount of $97,097.57.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the extension of County Bid #2014-16, for an Advertising Firm to provide exterior advertising on the LINK vehicles for the County’s Transportation System, with HFT Management, Inc., d/b/a Gateway Outdoor Advertising, in an amount to be paid to the County of Sixty Three (63%) of the gross advertising revenue generated from the placement of advertising on the Hunterdon County Transportation Fleet.
IX. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- INTRODUCTION - County Ordinance 2016-01, update to the comprehensive County’s Open Space, Farmland and Historic Preservation Trust Fund Plan, public hearing to be March 15, 2016.
- RESOLUTION - Approving, upon the recommendation of the Parks& Open Space Advisory Committee, the East Amwell Township application for the Cooperative Assistance Open Space Grant Program, for the Higgins property, Block 35, Lots 10, 12 and 60, estimated 152 acres, in an amount not to exceed $440,000.
X. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- To discuss a request from the Hunterdon Land Trust to install a sign, in the County’s Right of Way, along County Route 519, in Kingwood.
- To discuss a request for a road opening on County Route 613, for a one (1) day opening, to complete the installation of gas service. Request was denied by the County as the road was repaved in 2014.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated February 16, 2016.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of February 02, 2016.
- RESOLUTION - Marc Saluk appointed unclassified, full time Economic Development Director, Department of Planning, Economic Development and Land Use.
- RESOLUTION - Christine Johnston appointed permanent, full time Keyboarding Clerk 2, Prosecutor’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Nick Tsentas appointed full time Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Division of Emergency Services, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Karen Rios Garcia appointed full time Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Division of Emergency Services, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Caitlin Howley appointed full time Public Safety Telecommunicator Trainee, Division of Emergency Services, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Janis Clark appointed full time Public Health Nurse, Health Services Division, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a salary adjustment for Daniel Zmuda, Paul Bolanowski and Paul Fandel, Senior Mechanics, Division of Vehicle Services. (completed training).
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the revision of the CWA Non-Supervisory longevity payments for 2016.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the revision of the CWA Supervisory longevity payments for 2016.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the revision of the CWA Supervisory longevity payments for 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Carol Cronheim to the Cultural and Heritage Commission.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement with PM Consultants, LLC, for government accounting services for the Finance Department, in the amount not to exceed $50,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Section 5311 Transfer of Title Agreement for vehicle #18-120, Ford E450 Supreme, which is leased from NJ Transit.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a transportation service agreement with The ARC of Hunterdon County, to transport 85 ARC consumers, for 2016, in an amount not to exceed $200,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Area Plan Grant contract for services through Hunterdon Helpline, Inc., in the amount of $15,775.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Area Plan Grant contract for services through Meals on Wheels in Hunterdon, Inc., in the amount of $219,659.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement through the Local Art Program grant with the Hunterdon County Division of Senior, Disabilities and Veterans’ Services, award in the amount of
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with Strunk Albert Engineering, for construction documents for a revised scope of work, for the HVAC work for the Route 31 County
Complex - Buildings 2 and 3, in the amount of $13,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the transfer of the Adult Protective Services Unit
to the Division of Social Services from Senior, Disabilities and Veterans Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the amended ByLaws of the Planning Board, as adopted by the Hunterdon County Planning Board.
- High Bridge Fire Department, request to hold a coin toss on Saturday, April 09, 2016 and Saturday, November 26, 2016, from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00
p.m., on County Route 513 between Grayrock Road and Arch Street, in
- High Bridge Fire Department, requesting a letter of support for 17 Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus with Air Masks and spare Bottles, for a grant through the US DHS/FEMA/Grants Program.
- Nicole Maniez, requesting permission to use the historic Court House Steps on Saturday, March 05, 2016, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., to raise awareness and help end violence against women. This is part of the One Billion Rising international movement.
- Girls on the Run, requesting to again use the historic Court House steps and the Main Street Complex parking area during their Spring 5K race, on
Saturday, June 04, 2016, during the morning hours.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)