HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
SEPTEMBER 15, 2015
4:00 p.m. - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 p.m. - Open Public Session
FULL AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 06, 2015, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, the HCNews and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the submittal of the Tewksbury Township Chapter of the Hunterdon County Wastewater Management Plan to the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection by the Planning Board.
VII. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
VIII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2015-25, for Snow and Ice Control Materials, (Rock Salt), to Atlantic Salt Co., Inc., in an amount not to exceed $623,520.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2015-25, for Snow and Ice Control Materials, (Calcium Chloride Solution), to Peckham Industries, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $29,888.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement, using County Quote #0076-2015, to provide pre-employment health services, occupational health services for County employees, and for an employment health program, with the Hunterdon Healthcare System, amount not to exceed $36,000.
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated September 15, 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Laura Adamcik appointed full time, Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Emergency Services, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Christopher Beam appointed full time, Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Emergency Services, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Brad Polizzi appointed full time, Public Safety Telecommunicator, Division of Emergency Services, Department of Public Safety and Health Services.
- RESOLUTION - Theresa Cleary Knight, SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner), Prosecutor’s Office, salary adjustment.
- RESOLUTION - Carol Petrocci appointed temporary, as needed Family Service Worker, Division of Social Services, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Julie Gordon, Administrative Clerk transferred to the Division of Social Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Catherine Antiskay, Senior Housing Technician transferred to the Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Bridge and Temporary Construction Easement with Eltom Manor, for the reconstruction of Routes 637/620 to Harlan School Road, Block 57/Lot 12, in Hunterdon and Somerset Counties.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Erin Neukum, County’s Transportation Coordinator, to the Advertising Standards Committee for LINK buses.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement for medical director through the Local Core for Public Health Emergency Preparedness Grant, with Dr. Ronald M. Frank, in an amount not to exceed $5,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a change order for County Bid #2014-11, for the 2014 Resurfacing and Surface Treatment Program, on various roads, with Trap Rock Industries, Inc., increase of $86,941.15.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a contract modification with the Ridge at Back Brook, reducing the County’s payment to the contractor responsible for the replacement of Bridge E-174, and increasing payment to the Ridge at Back Brook by $28,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the transfer of ownership of a portion of Pennsylvania Avenue and its transfer back to Raritan Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the sale of surplus vehicles known as Truck #52, a 1998 Ford L8513 w/Thiele dump body (estimated amount of $9,000) and Truck #88, a 2001 Sterling L8513 w/Thiele dump body (estimated amount of $10,000), to Alexandria Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the sale of surplus items through an Online Auction with GovDeals.
- Proclamation - Recognizing Elaine Niemann for having served on the Hunterdon County Planning Board.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a renewal grant application for the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner/Sexual Assault Response Team (SANE/SART) project, with the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, in the amount of $85,138 (federal funds - $68,110 and a County Match - $17,028).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a renewal grant application for the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA), for the Hunterdon County Victim Assistance Program, with the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Criminal Justice, in the amount of $103,076 (Federal funds - $82,461 and a County Match - $20,615).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant Agreement with the North Hunterdon Regional Alliance, represented by Clinton Township, in the amount of $27,511.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Municipal Alliance Subgrant Agreement with the Delaware Valley Regional Alliance, represented by Alexandria Township, in the amount of $20,777.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the Consolidated Annual Contributions Contract with the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development for the purpose of continued receipt of Federal funding for the Section 8 Housing Program.
- Anne Hercek, requesting permission to again use the historic Court House steps, on Saturday, October 10, 2015, from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., to hold their annual Rosary Rally.
- Fairmount Fire Co. No. 1, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss on Saturday, September 26, 2015, at the intersection of County Routes 512/517, from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)