TENTATIVE AGENDA - updated 10/20/2015 12:20pm
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
OCTOBER 20, 2015
3:30 p.m. - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 p.m. - Open Public Session
PUBLIC NOTICE - MEETING TIME CHANGE | FULL AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 3:30 p.m. CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 06, 2015, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, HCNews and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss various legal issues.
- To discuss various personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to the existing 2013 Historic Preservation Grant award with the Hunterdon Land Trust, for the addition of the restoration and rehabilitation of the Wagon House on the Case Dvoor Farmstead, Block 39, Lot 2, in Flemington.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the “Ryland Residential Development” Amendment for incorporation into the applicable New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection’s WQM
(Water Quality Management) plan(s).
VII. CENTRAL PRINTING/MAIL/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, Bob Thurgarland, Division Head
- To discuss the reallocation of Capital Funds to provide improvements to the County’s 911 system and to enhance stability to the County’s Network, to implement tighter controls and save the County $28,000.
VIII. PURCHASING, John Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2015-27, for the Roadway Resurfacing of County Route 513, in High Bridge Borough, Lebanon and Clinton Townships, with Schifano Construction Corp., in an amount not to exceed $750,087.88.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of Bid #2015-26, for Site Improvements to County Communications and Emergency Services, on County Route 617, (Cherryville Road), in Franklin Township, with CMS Construction, in an amount not to exceed $378,476.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisition #IT.4072, using State Contract #A- 87720, with Eplus Technology Inc., for public wireless access points, for the Information Technology Division, in the amount of $102,980.40.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Requisitions #R5-03481, #R5-03482, #R5-03483, and #R5-03484, using County Bid #2014-10, holding to 2014 pricing, with Brown Truck Group, for four
(4) 2015 or new Mack Granite MHD GU432 Municipal Dump Trucks, for the Public Works Department, in the amount of $170,484.55 each, for a total not to exceed $681,983.20.
IX. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Matthews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated October 20, 2015
- RESOLUTION - Jennifer Winberry appointed full time Assistant Library Director, County Library.
- RESOLUTION - Dagoberto Arteaga appointed full time Sheriff’s Officer, Office of the Sheriff.
- RESOLUTION - Vincent Caban appointed full time Sheriff’s Officer, Office of the Sheriff.
- RESOLUTION - Donna Horvath appointed full time Principal Library Assistant, County Library Headquarters.
- RESOLUTION - Katherine Powell appointed permanent, full time Senior Public Safety Telecommunicator, Emergency Services Division, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - William Powell appointed permanent, full time Senior Public Safety Telecommunicator, Emergency Services Division, Public Safety and Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Daniel Schulze appointed permanent, full time Senior Public Safety Telecommunicator, Emergency Services Division, Public Safety Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Alan Umgelter appointed permanent, full time Senior Public Safety Telecommunicator, Emergency Services Division, Public Safety Health Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Rebecca Van Horn appointed temporary, as needed Keyboarding Clerk, County Clerk’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the County Purchasing Agent to solicit bids for County Bid #2015-30, to Furnish and Deliver Grounds Maintenance.
- RESOLUTION- Approving a professional engineering design services agreement with J.A.R. Engineering, Inc., in connection with the Heron Glen Replacement building, in the amount not to exceed $26,500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional architectural services agreement with Jeffrey A. Fleischer Architects, PC, in connection with the Heron Glen Replacement building, in the amount not to exceed $65,000.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a final payment, for County Bid #2015-14, for Deck Replacement on Bridge J-1, on County Road 512 (Main Street), in Califon Borough, to CMS Construction, Inc., in the amount of $272,575.75.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Joint Funding Agreement with the U.S. Department of Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, for the annual maintenance of the Neshanic River Gauge for the Heron Glen Golf Course, in the amount of $1,700.00.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an Agreement with Millersville University of Pennsylvania for surveillance assistance in connection with the County’s Black Fly Program, in an amount not to exceed $10,450.
- Approving the reappointment of Elizabeth Martin to the Hunterdon County Vocational Education School District (POLYTECH).
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Zach Taylor, Troop 92, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Michael Axelsen, Troop 92, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Ian Macdowall, Troop 92, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Owen Stanski, Troop 92, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Grant Agreement with the State Department of Human Services, Division of Aging for the Area Plan Contract 2016-2018, in an amount of $735,360 (State -$339,859, Federal - $399,501, County Cash Match - $14,005).
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Local Arts FY2016 Grant application with the County’s Cultural & Heritage Commission, for senior artistic and cultural projects and cultural program activities for the Division of Senior, Disabilities and Veterans Services, in the amount of $3,950 – grant request, Cash Match - $3,950, and In-Kind Match - $3,950.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Grant Agreement with the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, for the Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission, in the of $66,464, (Grant funding - $33,232, County Match - $33,232).
- CEA/Johanna Foods, requesting permission to place approximately 12 portable restrooms in the Main Street County Complex parking area, for the annual Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. Thursday, November 26, 2015.
- High Bridge Emergency Squad, requesting permission to hold a Coin Toss on Saturday, November 07, 2015, (Rain Date: November 14, 2015), from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., in front of the Squad Headquarters, County Route
513, in High Bridge.
XIV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVI. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)