HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2015
5:00 p.m. - Convene in Executive Session
5:30 p.m. - Open Public Session
PUBLIC NOTICE (revised 11/12/15) | COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 5:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before November 12, 2015, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, the HCNews and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the
Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE IV. MOMENT OF SILENCE
V. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
VI. HUNTERDON COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE 2015 Leadership Graduates
- Presentation on wine producing as an Agritourism attraction.
VII. FINANCE, Janet R. Previte, County Financial Officer
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services insert an item of revenue in the 2015 Budget for the Municipal Alliance, in the amount of $181, 380.
VIII. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
- To discuss correspondence received from Harold Bush, requesting a hardship consideration to permit a road opening for sewer hookup, for the family home being built on South Main Street. (County Route 611 was paved July 2015).
IX. FOR DISCUSSION
- Elimination of fees collected in the Health Division and the Planning Department.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated November 16, 2015.
- Motion to approve the minute of October 20, 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Amanda Rossi appointed full time Sheriff’s Officer, Sheriff’s Office.
- RESOLUTION - Rhonda Kelly appointed full time Senior Receptionist, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving salaries for employees covered under the CWA Supervisors Bargaining Unit.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Professional Services Agreement with Malick and Scherer, P.C., for engineering services for a Multi-Use Path across Prescott Brook, a tributary to the South Branch of the Raritan River, in Clinton Township, connecting the Arboretum on the east side of Route 31 with the South Branch Reservation on the west side, in an amount not to exceed $180,000.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the County’s Chief of Staff to sign all administrative documents to transfer the County’s Health provider to Aetna.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Memorandum of Understanding with the NJ Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness and the NJ Northwest Region Counties (Hunterdon, Somerset, Sussex, Warren) regarding federal funds in the amount of $346,989.96; ($230,000 to develop a Multi-Discipline Rail Emergency Response Plan; $116,989.96 to develop a Regional Damage Assessment Plan).
XII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)