HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, MARCH 17, 2015
4:00 p.m. - Convene Executive Session
5:30 p.m. - Convene Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 06, 2015, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, the HCNews and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
- To discuss land issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
V. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- PUBLIC HEARING - Corrected Capital Ordinance #15-14, for Farmland Preservation acquisitions.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with Alexandria Township for Block 16, Lot 3, (Hahola South), for an estimated 13.965 acres, (SADC-$77,924.70, County-$25,974.90; Township-$25,974.90), total amount of $129,874.50.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant agreement with Alexandria Townhip, for Block 18, Lot 47, (Diane Kappus and William Kappus), for an estimated 17.985 acres, (SADC-$84,979.13, County-$26,303.06; Township-$26,303.06), total amount of $137,585.25.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing to amend the final approval for a Development Easement for Amwell Chase Farm, Block 5, Lots 24 and 24.01, in West Amwell Township, (SADC-$1,076,250; County-$353,625; Township-$353,625), total amount of $1,783,500.
- To discuss a request from the Hunterdon Land Trust to lease the Wagon House at the Dvoor Farm (2014 Historic Preservation Grant) for weekend educational programs, seminar and workshops.
VI. BUDGET COMMITTEE
- Presentation on the Operating and Expense Budget.
- RESOLUTION - Approving transfers between certain 2014 accounts.
VIII. PURCHASING, John Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2015-03, for the Realignment and Drainage Improvements to County Route 513, to Trap Rock Industries, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $1,928,248.54.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Quote #0012-2015, for professional surveying services, for the Farmland Preservation Program, for the Hill and Dale 1 property, Block 38, Lot 1.04, in Tewksbury Township, to Bohren and Bohren Associates, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $7,150.
IX. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
X. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated March 17, 2015.
- Motion to approve the regular session minutes of February 17, 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Emily Anne Granger appointed seasonal, Park Naturalist, Parks and Recreation Division of the Department of Land Use and Facilities Management.
- RESOLUTION - Linda Hansen, part time Library Assistant, County Library, adjustment of hours (decrease).
- RESOLUTION - Approving the rollover of longevity into the salaries of employees covered under the collective bargaining unit for the Division of Corrections, FOP #29, doing away with longevity.
- RESOLUTION - Jacqueline Kravitz appointed full time, Principal Account Clerk, Division of Senior, Disabilities and Veterans Services, Human Services Department.
- RESOLUTION - Susan Fink appointed part time Librarian, County Library.
- RESOLUTION - Paige Wernoch appointed full time, Principal Account Clerk, Finance Office.
- RESOLUTION - Brock Rodenbough appointed provisional, Road Repairer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Public Works Department. (completed CDL Class B).
- RESOLUTION - Jason Lawrence appointed provisional, Road Repairer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Public Works Department. (completed CDL Class B).
- RESOLUTION - Michael Pierman appointed provisional, Road Repairer, Division of Roads and Bridges, Public Works Department. (completed CDL Class A).
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2013-26, for the Installation of Sanitary Sewer (grinders) at the Hunterdon County Correctional Facility, with CMS Construction, Inc., for an extension of time due to weather conditions. (No change in contract amount).
- RESOLUTION - Approving appointments to the Public Alliance Insurance Coverage (PAIC) fund, of Janet Previte as Commissioner and Shana Taylor as alternate.
- RESOLUTION - Approving plans and specifications for the replacement of Bridge No. C-26, on Cratetown Road over the Prescott Brook, in Clinton Township and authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for bids.
- RESOLUTION - Approving plans and specifications for the replacement of Bridge No. J-1, on Main Street, County Route 512, in Califon Borough, and authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for bids.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of members to the Solid Waste Advisory Council for 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Kevin Gilman to the Hunterdon County Vocational School District, known as Polytech.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the “Federal Fiscal Year 2015 Certifications and Assurances” for the Federal Transit Administration Assistance Program and Annual Affidavit of Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, for the Hunterdon County Transportation System.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for County Bid #2015-08, for Diesel Fuel.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for County Bid #2015-09, for Gasoline.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for County Bid #2015-12, for a Wheel Loader Replacement.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the updated County Employee Handbook.
- Lucy Bush, requesting permission to use the historic Court House steps on Thursday, May 07, 2015, for the 64th Annual National Day of Prayer. Also requesting to access the electrical outlet.
- Oldwick Fire Company, requesting permission to conduct two Coin Tosses, at the County Route 523 and 517 Intersection, on Sunday, April 05, 2015 and Sunday, October 18, 2015.
- American Diabetes Association, requesting permission to hold their annual Northern New Jersey Tour de Cure fundraiser, using various County Roads on Sunday, June 07, 2015, from 6:30 a.m. til 4:00 p.m.
- Three Bridges Volunteer Fire Co., requesting permission to use a County Road during the annual Three Bridge Five-Mile Run, on Saturday, August 15, 2015.
XII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIII. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XIV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)