TENTATIVE AGENDA (Updated 03/02/2015 at 12:30pm)
HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
TUESDAY, APRIL 21, 2015
4:00 p.m. - Convene Executive Session
5:30 p.m. - Convene Open Session
COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOPTED MINUTES
I. 4:00 p.m. CONVENE:
"This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 06, 2015, to the Hunterdon County Democrat, Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, HCNews and the Express Times, newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda).
- PROCLAMATION - Recognition of Matthew Sidler, Boy Scout Troop 186, for attaining the designation of Eagle Scout.
VI. FINANCE, Janet Previte, Chief Finance Officer
- INTRODUCTION – County Budget for 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Budget be read by Title Only.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Corrective Action Plan for the 2013 Single Audit.
VII. FOR DISCUSSION
- County Route 519 in Holland Township.
VIII. PUBLIC WORKS, Tom Mathews, Director
- Update of various County road and bridge projects.
IX. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final approval for the development easement acquisition on the Lambert Farm LLC, from Janice Jarrett and Susan Little Member/Managers, on Block 3, Lot 16, in West Amwell Township, estimated 59 acres, (SADC - $400,020; County - $133,340; Township- $133,340), total amount of $666,700.
- To discuss a request from the County Agriculture Development Board to accept preservation applications twice a year, (February and August).
X. PURCHASING, John Davenport III
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2015-04, for Parkland Maintenance, for the Musconetcong Gorge Preserve, Block 1, Lot 9.01, Holland Township and the Tower Hill Reserve, Blocks 33/37 and Lots 36/15, Bethlehem Township, to William T. Jelliffee III, in an amount to be received of $1,813.30 annually.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2015-04, for Parkland Maintenance, for Deer Path Park, Blocks 71/63 and Lots 31/14, in Readington Twp., to Milford Farms, LLC, in an amount to be received of $1,120 annually.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2015-04, for Parkland Maintenance, for the Crystal Spring Section of Teetertown Preserve, Block 51, Lot 9, Lebanon Township; Point Mountain Preservation, Blocks 54/77, Lots 27/9, Lebanon Township; and Landsdown Meadows, Block 5, Lot 5, Franklin Township, to Wesley Pandy, in an amount to be received of $5,806 annually.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2015-04, for Parkland Maintenance, for the Van Leight Management Area, Block 37, Lot 28, Bethlehem Twp., to Thomas Grochowicz, LLC, in an amount to be received of $300 annually.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2015-04, for Parkland Maintenance, for the Hilltop Preserve, to Robert Michisk, in an amount to be received of $5,802.50.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2015-06, for Maintenance and Repair Materials, to Eastern Concrete Materials, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $6,880.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2015-06, for Maintenance and Repair Materials, to Trap Rock Industries, in an amount not to exceed $153,735.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2015-06, for Maintenance and Repair Materials, to R & H Truck Parks and Service, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $16,360.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2015-06, for Maintenance and Repair Materials, to Stavola Construction Materials, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $217,572.50.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated April 21, 2015.
- RESOLUTION - Approving temporary, seasonal Recreation Leaders, Division of Parks and Recreation, Department of Land Use and Planning.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the appointment of Marybeth Hurford to the Hunterdon County Voting Accessibility Advisory Committee.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the specifications for the 2015 Resurfacing and Surface Treatment of County Route 514, 519A, 519B, 519C, 523, 579, 602, 611, 612, 615, 616, 617, 629 and the County’s North Branch Library, in various municipalities.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the specifications for the Painting of County Bridges F-82, on Lower Landsdown Road and County Bridge F-54, on Lower Kingtown Road, in Franklin Township and County Bridge WD-120, on Hamp Road, in Delaware and West Amwell Townships.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing final payment for County Bid #2012-25, for the Rehabilitation of County Bridge D-300, on Rosemont-Raven Rock Road, over the Lockatong Creek, in Delaware Township, with Rencor, Inc., in the amount of $45,137.42.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Change Order #1, for County Bid #2012-31, for County Routes 600 (Wescott Drive) and County Route 612 (Sandhill Road), in Raritan Township, with Hale Built, increase of $4,150.22.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a professional services agreement Wiss & Company, LLP, for auditing services for the period ending December 31, 2014 and for preparation of the 2015 County Budget, in the amount of $73,700.
- RESOLUTION - Approving the annual Accomplishment Report for the Shade Tree Commission and directing its submission to the New Jersey Shade Tree and Community Forest Program.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the appointment of Willis as the County’s Insurance Broker for Professional Liability Insurance and Accidental Insurance.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a settlement release with Jersey Central Power and Light.
- PROCLAMATION - Recognizing April 24, 2015 as the 143rd Anniversary Celebration of Arbor Day, in Hunterdon County.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant with the New Jersey Department of Agriculture for the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program, in the amount of $500.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a grant with New Jersey Transit for a Section 5310 grant, for the purchase of 5 extended minibus vehicles, to support the County’s LINK System. (Federal Transit Administration contributes 80% and New Jersey Transit contributes 20%).
- RESOLUTION - Approving an amendment to the Medical Reserve Corps grant, renumbering the grant and transferring the grant to the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, in the amount of $3,500.
- Hunterdon Harmonizers, requesting permission to use the historic Court House steps during their 31st Annual Craft Fair, on September 19 and 20, 2015, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., each day. Also requesting permission to access restroom facilities in the rear of the historic Court House.
- Memorial Day Parade Committee of Readington Township, requesting permission to use County Route 523, during their annual Memorial Day Parade, on Monday, May 25, 2015. Also inviting the Freeholder Board to participate in the parade.
XV. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XVI. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XVII. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Reconvene if necessary)