HUNTERDON COUNTY BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS
71 Main Street, Freeholder’s Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 05, 2014
4:00 P.M. Convene in Executive
5:30 P.M. Convene in Open Session
PUBLIC NOTICE | COMPLETE AGENDA PACKET | ADOOPTED MINUTES FROM MEETING
I. 4:00 p.m.
CONVENE: "This meeting is being held in accordance with the provisions of the Open Public Meetings Act. Adequate notice has been given by posting throughout the year a copy of the notice on Bulletin Boards on the First and Second Floor of the Main Street County Complex, Building #1, Flemington, New Jersey, a public place reserved for such announcements. A copy was mailed on or before January 02, 2014, to the Star Ledger, Trenton Times, Courier News, Express Times and the HC News (online), newspapers designated to receive such notices and by filing a copy with the Hunterdon County Clerk.”
II. EXECUTIVE SESSION
III. 5:30 p.m. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- To discuss legal issues.
- To discuss personnel issues.
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT, Limited to 2 minutes per person.
(Comments exceeding 2 minutes will be entertained later in the agenda)
V. PUBLIC HEARING
- ADOPTION - Ordinance No. 2014-02, permitting a one time compensation for overtime hours worked in the Department of Public Works.
VI. FINANCE, Beth Schermerhorn, County Finance Officer
- RESOLUTION - Requesting the Division of Local Government Services to insert an item of revenue in the 2014 County Budget, for the Universal Service Fund, in the amount of $1,129.
VII. Polytech, Dr. Kim Metz, Superintendent
VIII. PURCHASING, John P. Davenport
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the rejection of a bid package for County Bid #2014-10, for six (6) 2015 or newer, Mack Granite MHD GU432 Municipal Dumps and associated equipment or approved equivalent, from Buck County International, which did not meet bid specifications.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2014-10, to furnish and deliver six (6) 2015 or newer, Mack Granite MHD GU432 Municipal Dumps and associated equipment or approved equivalent, to Brown Truck Group, in an amount not to exceed $1,022,907.30.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the award of County Bid #2014-15, to provide maintenance, service and supplies for County Copier Equipment, to Ditto Copy Systems, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $47,417.70.
IX. LAND USE AND FACILITIES MANAGEMENT, FRANK BELL
Update of various County facilities.
X. FARMLAND PRESERVATION/OPEN SPACE, Sue Dziamara
- RESOLUTION - Approving an application, as recommended by the County’s Agriculture Development Board, for construction of a farmhouse on Block 42, Lot 4, (Susan Blew), in Franklin Township.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an easement, temporary license agreement and to the Deed of Easement from the Hunterdon Land Trust, on the Silva Estate, Block 6, Lots 41 and 42, in Holland Township, for 50% of the purchase price.
XI. CONSENT AGENDA
“All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the Board of Chosen Freeholders of the County of Hunterdon and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.”
- Motion to approve the claims in accordance with the Claims Register dated November 05, 2014.
- Motion to approve the minutes of September 02, 2014, September 16, 2014 and September 30, 2014.
- RESOLUTION - Marisa Zervopoulos appointed full time, unclassified, Division Head, Payroll Division of Finance.
- RESOLUTION - Joseph MacLachlan appointed when and as needed Fire School Instructor, Emergency Management Division, of the Public Safety Department.
- RESOLUTION - Alexander Crocker appointed full time GIS Specialist 3, Division of Information Services, Department of Administrative Services.
- RESOLUTION - Megan Youells appointed full time, unclassified, Confidential Asssistant, Social Services Division, Department of Human Services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving a Section 5310, Transfer of Title Agreement for Vehicle #16-1309, Ford EC II, for LINK services.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an In Building Radio Distribution Agreement with Cellco Partnership, d/b/a Verizon Wireless, for the Justice Center Complex.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an In Building Radio Distribution Agreement with Cellco Partnership, d/b/a Verizon Wireless, for the Route 12 County Complex.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for bids for County Bid #2014-30, for CCTV upgrade at the Division of Corrections Facility.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the Purchasing Agent to advertise for bids for County Bid #2014-31, to furnish and deliver Snow Plow and Wings for Heavy Duty Dump Trucks.
- RESOLUTION - Authorizing the cancellation of a mortgage which has been paid in full, for Carmen Fernandez.
- RESOLUTION - Approving final payment for County Bid #2013-21, Resurfacing and Rumble Strip Installation on Route 519, in Holland Twp. and Milford Borough, with Top Line Construction, Corp., in the amount of $2,400.09.
- RESOLUTION - Approving an agreement with various Hunterdon County Rug Artisans, at the request of the Hunterdon County Tricentennial Committee, for a display at the Route 12 County Complex, Building #1.
- RESOLUTION - Approving Federal Change Order #2, for County Bid #2014-22, for Little York Road, County Route 579, Section 1 and County Route 614, Sections 11 and 111, in the Townships of Alexandria and Union, with Black Rock Enterprises, LLC, decrease of $41,496.29.
- Lorie Burd, requesting permission to hold a Franklin Township Community 5K, on Sunday, May 17, 2015, from 7:00 am until 10 am, closing Quakertown Road from the Franklin Township School to the Franklin Township Fire House, as well as Locust Grove Road.
XIII. FREEHOLDERS COMMENTS/REPORTS
XIV. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
XV. EXECUTIVE SESSION
(Reconvene if necessary)